Are zombies hearing bugged?

Monamoo

Can someone tell me if there's been bugs surrounding zombies and hearing? because I am genuinely getting mad at how any action I do at this rate seems to have 0 effect, Bust a window 6 tiles away? no reaction, Shoot a zombies head off 2 tiles away? no reaction. Like I am playing with friends and some of them are new so I thought we'd take it a little easy but I wasn't gonna make it boring for myself either like any zombie encounter is just a bore because I know that I literally unload an entire mag and no zombies are gonna make a single move. I have my  hearing settings set to normal and their distance for following a recent sound they heard to 130 or something? is it too low should it be higher? I don't know but I'm just starting to not enjoy it having no repercussions to being accidentally noisy.

I am not having that problem at all.  My setting is 50 for following a recent sound. You might try lowering it and see if that helps. I have to sneak almost all the time because they seem to hear me from a block away and come running (not really running but...).  Are you playing in Sandbox mode? I'd check all your Zombie Lore and Advanced Zombie settings to see if there is something going on there you need to change. I've seen a lot of posts about people complaining that the zombies hear them from distances away but never anyone saying they don't seem to hear you at all. Yes, I can imagine how boring that would be. And we don't want to discourage any new players so, I'm almost certain there's something else going on, not a bug.

Yeah I know I can find a bunch of people complaining that they're heard almost everywhere they move, And yeah we do use sandbox mode as it is in multiplayer But I've barely tweaked any settings I fiddled with the starting day and month and then lowered the zombie count just a little that was it. Otherwise I have not don't anything else regarding the zombie lore.

Archived