Server termination after staring server by Host option!

Backhafy

Question

Hello,

I would like to ask ofr some help regarding my server what me and my friedsn play on. So far I solved ever issue arose but with this one i'm stuck.

This is a modded server (can share mod list), but it was running just fine like 10 hours ago and now it wont start.

Checked the console log for erreor and i get.

ERROR: General     , 1642426789537> 449,706,615> java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot override existing registry id, item: Base.CordlessDrill
ERROR: General     , 1642426789538> 449,706,616>     at zombie.scripting.objects.Item.setRegistry_id(Item.java:3206)
ERROR: General     , 1642426789539> 449,706,616>     at zombie.world.DictionaryData.parseCurrentItemSet(DictionaryData.java:245)
ERROR: General     , 1642426789539> 449,706,617>     at zombie.world.WorldDictionary.init(WorldDictionary.java:213)
ERROR: General     , 1642426789539> 449,706,617>     at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:2296)
ERROR: General     , 1642426789539> 449,706,617>     at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:682)
LOG  : General     , 1642426789539> 449,706,617> WorldDictionary: Warning: error occurred loading dictionary!
LOG  : General     , 1642426789540> 449,706,618> WorldDictionary: Attempting to copy WorldDictionary backups...
LOG  : General     , 1642426789550> 449,706,628> WorldDictionary: path = C:\Users\Backh\Zomboid\Saves\Multiplayer\\LunarValley\WD_ERROR_1642426789\
ERROR: General     , 1642426789601> 449,706,679> GameServer.main> Exception thrown zombie.world.WorldDictionaryException: WorldDictionary: Cannot load world due to WorldDictionary error. at WorldDictionary.init line:255. Message: Exception Thrown
ERROR: General     , 1642426789602> 449,706,680> DebugLogStream.printException> Stack trace:
zombie.world.WorldDictionaryException: WorldDictionary: Cannot load world due to WorldDictionary error.
    at zombie.world.WorldDictionary.init(WorldDictionary.java:255)
    at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:2296)
    at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:682)
LOG  : General     , 1642426789602> 449,706,680> Server Terminated.

Any way around this WorldDictionary error?

I'm aware that it is caused by a mod 99%, but i dont want to lose any progress/inventory by removing mods.

Thank you in advance!

Backhafy

8 answers to this question

Random person also hosting a modded server who's had 2 servers crap the bed because of that same error involving Base.CordlessDrill

I'm not sure what mod is causing it as google says the cordless drill is part of the hydrocraft mod which I'm not subscribed to. However, I am subscribed to the scrap weapons/armor/guns/workshop mod by dj virus who had an update just today so maybe its a part of that?

I got this exact same error and fixed it by removing the scrap armor, scrap weapons, and scrap workbench mods from that save file. Removing those 3 mods should enable you to load your save file again.

base.cordlessdrill is a Hydrocraft item but it's used by DJ's scrap weapons/armor mods, and I wasn't using Hydrocraft in that particular save (too much clutter). I decided to look at any mods that had been updated since I last played. Sure enough, DJ updated his scrap mods yesterday and removed the old versions of them which obviously caused some kind of fatal conflict in my save.

The weird thing is that I can't use DJ's scrap mods unless I have both the old and new versions enabled, if I only have the new versions enabled then none of the recipes work, it acknowledges that I have the correct ingredients but the craft button stays greyed out. I guess I just can't use those mods any more which is a shame because there's a lot of fun weapons in them.

@Mr_Tonic - I just wanted to thank you for your detailed explanation and fix.

I can confirm that it worked for me too.  I will feedback to the developer and let them know that this is occuring.  Possibly they need to update it a ltitle bit.

Thanks again,
Splinx :D

How were you using the scrap weapons/armor mods? For a long time the recipes didn't work for me until I enabled the "outdated" versions on top of the current ones. Were you using both? Is this a load order issue or something? I can't figure out why the recipes don't work for me since nobody else is having this problem

@Mr_Tonic - The truth is that I don't actually think I was making use of the mods.  I believe I installed them as I was playing on a DrunkOnLife MP Server and then subsequently made a solo game and used those mods.  I think I intended to try them out but never got around to using them.

I've now unsubscribed from the DJ mods (workbench, armour, guns etc...)

Best I can suggest is going to "C:\Users\Backh\Zomboid\Saves\Multiplayer\\" and backing up your specific server folder.
Then try experimenting by disabling the mods to see which one causes the error. This error is caused by a specific item being corrupted, Base.CordlessDrill to be specific.

This is not an answer but I just wanted to say that I've just had the exact same error in the last 5 hours.

"java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot override existing registry id, item: Base.CordlessDrill."

Can someone please provide a tip on how to understand which mod is causing this issue.

Thanks,

Splinx

Archived