PZ isn't starting through the Steam, but ProjectZomboid32.exe works

Dallas372

Question

I have 64-bit system and my system requirements are pretty much fine to run the 64-bit version of the game. I was playing 32-bit for the whole 50 hours of my PZ experience, but I want to play on a 64-bit, since people are saying that it's better and has more FPS than the 32-bit. But I can't start with neither with the default launch, neither with the alternative one.
It was on the ZGC first and I changed that to G1GC, because the forums were saying that it helps. I think I tried most of the possible solutions that were discussed, but they all just can't help me run the game.
Here's the log, please, help me.

hs_err_pid2596.log

7 answers to this question

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. When I was launching the game, it was bigger than my screen's resolution for some reason. It happened after the game got re-installed, probably that's the cause. I tried launching it once again as a 64-bit format, but it failed after being shown-up a tiny bit bigger than my screen. I thought, may be the resolution is somehow affecting the game launch. I opened PZ as a 32-bit - and yes, my settings were set differently. I set it all up the way I wanted it all to be, to my native resolution and fullscreen. Then I tried to open the 64-bit and it all works now. But I yet have to test it, since I don't have any saves now because my dumb-dumb deleted every trace of the game. I'll let you know if everything works ok in a couple of minutes

Archived