Post your most bs death stories.

bliss

I start:

1st character with one month of lifetime, I manage to catch my biggest fish ever (60cm big pike). I place it on the right seat of my van since it didn't fit in the trunk. Suddenly I have a zombie on my driver's seat. I enter full panick mode. Kept trying to turn the engine on. It doesn't work. I try to switch my seat. Can't, big fish is there. I panick even more. "Why is the car not working?" "How do I turn it on?" Suddenly my brain relates car moving with pressing E. I press E. Laceration. RIP.

Another character: character reaching 20 days: finally manage to get hotwire (wasn't chasing it). Get the first car I see and start running around without a clear objective. Hit the car on a hydrant. Car gets stuck, doesn't move. Horde by my side once again (but this time, all the zombies are on the right seat side. My driver seat is clear. However, I got panicked again. Pressed E to leave and run away, but since I'm somehow stuck, my character decides to leave using the right seat door... right in the face of the horde...sigh.

Seems like cars are cursed for you :)

My most bs death? Not sure, usually its because of being too confident, not careful enough, but i can tell how i almost had a quick death because of my silly mistake:

Had all the medicine packed in that green medical box and then packed that box into the backpack. Suddenly zombie made a laceration on characters neck and health was dropping fast, really fast. Had to do multiple layers of unpacking before i could patch up the character. Barely made it, reached terminal injury,  only couple pixels of life bar left.

After the helicopter event and killing 50+ zombies on a pretty action day, on the way home, i saw a single zombie in the middle of the street, wanna kill him from behind, i hit, he turns around, i miss, he bites...

Since then i never attack zombies from behind. Way to dangerous. To slippery turnanimation.

• 2 weeks later...

I've mentioned previously a death that occurred by eating a salad out of poisonous berries, but I've had a worse death.

I was driving a car to the gas station right outside of Muldraugh, on the road to West Point. Me and my friend needed gas to run a generator. Now, the car I was driving was the poorest excuse for a functional car, but hey, it got us where we needed to go. So I'm driving about 60mph, when a turn comes up. I start to break to make this turn, but it just doesn't work. I'm not slowing down. Worst part is, there was a small copse of trees at this turn. So, we ram straight into in, and somehow both me and my friend survive, with the car making it out as well. I patch up my friend, take a look at the engine and, ofc, the brakes were at 0%. We continue our journey to the gas station, my friend draws away the zambies, and I go fill up a gas can. Simple. Problem is, the car had died as my friend was drawing the zombies away (because of the damage it had received in the crash mentioned), so he dies inside of the vehicle and the remaining zombies chase me down and kill me.

What I really don't understand about car mechanics in this game is that you are allowed to 'drive' a car with no wheels, but you are not allowed to drive a car if any of the brakes have been taken out.

Anyway, most BS death for me was when 2 friends and I took over the Rosewood prison. We all split up and cleared different areas of the prison at the same time, meeting back up once all the zombies were dead. After deciding who would get what room, we checked for loot and started setting up our areas. I chose to live in the gatehouse and keep any more zombies from coming in. I started by clearing out bodies, cleaning up blood, and barricading windows. After all the bodies had been cleared out, my character started getting corpse sickness. Even while keeping my distance from the bodies and removing them from the area, the sickness slowly got worse and worse, and I couldn't figure out what was happening or why. Eventually my character's health started hemorrhaging while organizing a library and before I could do anything about it dropped dead. To make it even worse, I had stolen a TV and put it in my room so  I wouldn't miss any skill shows, and was reading books to increase the bonuses from them. My character and all the skills he'd gained were lost 2 days after the TV shows stopped playing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this recurring, baffling, STUPID, death rerun that has not been fixed yet but....i creep through a home, all is quiet and i have ended the zeds that have occupied a bottom level home or building, make my way to the stairway(and for some ridiculous reason cant see what's at the top) get to the top, only to be mauled by like a group of zeds just standing there waiting for my warm flesh to reach the top. happens more times than i care:(

I got to that warehouse in the NE part of Muldraugh and had secured it.  This was over 2 months game time into my longest game to date.  I was setting up some rain barrels along the edge of the roof during a rainstorm and must have typed an E because I leapt right over the roof to my death.  WELL crud.  :o

Playing 6 months later, surviving a hoard with cuts and bruises, slumping through the rain of my tears...so happy with myself I managed to live only to walk up the stairs of a random house, and a zombie biting me from over the railing, in the neck.

• 1 month later...

I playe mouse and keyboard, but do it from the couch.

That time you hit F2 to pause, then escape to the menu, but manage to hit the escape button with the wireless mouse I tossed back on the couch as I got up.

I'd like to say that I also managed to accidentally hit F2 to unpause, but i didn't even have to be that unlucky. The game auto unpauses when you leave the esc menu.

Regardless, got back in time see my truck surrounded, and the driver side window getting smashed in.

Dear devs, can a paused game stay paused after you leave the esc key menu? I was kinda attached to that character.

Archived