[B41.65] Duping! The Biggest Game Breaking Bug Present in Multiplayer

Seg

• Multiplayer
	• Dedicated
	• No
	• Reproduction steps:

Note this issue has been observed on a server with 60-80 players on everyday.

Duping has been an issue within PZ for the longest time, its just a fact that its going to happen occasionally, but with the release of b41, the game has been totally broken. I would even argue that b42 needs its development paused to address these issues, as it makes multiplayer essentially unplayable with the developers intent without constant admin intervention. Even with admin intervention, items dupe accidentally on a large enough scale I notice it when heading into high traffic areas. It's clear that these cases of duplication are occurring without player intent. 

So how to dupe? There are many ways that have been exposed on the internet, such as two players being able to grab items out of containers at the same time (including bags), and both end up with the item that was in the container. The method I'm going to talk about is so devious,  horrible, and ridiculously simple, that it has broken the balance of the entire server I play on.  To start, you take a bag any bag, from a garbage bag to a Military backpack, fill it with whatever items you want two copies of, then place it on the floor. All you have to do is break LOS with the bag, then take whatever items out you want and store them. Break LOS again, and when you come back the items will be back in the bag like you never took them. These new items don't have their own IDs, as they are copies or like we've been calling them, phantom items. If you merge these phantom items together in a container, they'll combine and turn back into the main item. You can't use this to store a lot of equipment, but it has a lot of usefulness in kitting out large factions. As long as you have one full military gear kit, you can dish it out to your entire faction. Essentially you can generate combat military geared kits at your will for anyone who needs it. This breaks the balance of PvP entirely, for reasons that don't really need to be explained.

Now even worse! Any time a player dies while out looting and leaves a bag, if that bag is looted by the player but the bag is left on the ground, all the items respawn! ALL OF THEM. I have gained tons of resources just by going out and checking containers left on the ground in West Point, Riverside, or Maldraugh.

I've seen this across servers. Everyone is doing it, its impossible to not fall to the temptation of infinite items. I have no idea how deep this issue goes, but as far as I can tell it applies to all bags placed on the ground, some containers (notably ovens INFINITE PANCAKES! although that may be another bug. Im not sure.)

Devs pls fix game broke.

Edited by Seg

• Seg changed the title to [B41.65] Duping! The Biggest Game Breaking Bug Present in Multiplayer