Tutorial mode in a nutshell

ruffian98

I bought this yesterday and was so excited to get into a realistic zombie survival rpg with QOL mechanics, but I was met with a tutorial that basically said ''Here is how you pick up stuff, here is how you kill a zombie, good luck''. I now have to learn as i go but i feel the tutorial mode needs to cover the more in depth game mechanics, such as cleaning, building and stats

I doubt there's going to be any tutorial that goes in to depth of all of PZ's mechanics as it'd just end up being hours and hours long which no one would even bother with, as many already ignore the tutorial for its length already even though it's short. I think the tutorial covers the best basic things because genuinely those are what new players struggle the most with, even though it's just an OS' file explorer that they already use.

For games like PZ, a lot of the tutorial comes from making mistakes, and learning from them so I'd recommend just learning as you go, that's where a lot of the fun comes from too, discovering things as you need them rather than being overwhelmed by choices. We tried our best with the new trailer to sell the gist of the game being this way too.

A really great thing about this game and one of its core themes is how much effort it takes to learn how to survive. If you don't feel like learning the game as you go there are plenty of tutorials on youtube that explain everything you could ever need to know.