We Need More Guns!

Austin

magnum, it's not really hard to add weapons by yourself.

Austin did most of the work, if you want a new gun simply add one with your specific settings ( copy from gunmod_items.txt), spawn it (copy & paste line from GunMod.lua, simply change the name of weapon and ammo) and set the handling (GunMod_WH.lua - you just have to change the name of your weapon and the ammo type and copy & paste the rest).

Since you can't really add any custom icons or sounds it's basically just some copy&paste. Like I said, Austin did the "hard" part, you just have to modify some values to add new weapons.

If you have any questions and didn't already know what I wrote here you can ask me.

It's really not that hard. I will try around and add some of the weapons that are suggested in this thread. Maybe even some sprites, if I get it working.... 

But I just do this, because it's a nice oppertunity for me to learn a little bit more about LUA. I will probably not release anything. (Simply because I don't have the permission by Austin). 

Sprites are working fine. I will ask Austin, if he gives me the permission to release some new weapons and sprites for them. It's a little annoying though, that you can't see any textures when the player is holding the weapon...

I am not the only one with this problem, right?

I just included the MP5 (+19mm ammo) and the sprite for it. Sadly, weapon sprites are very rare and I can't really create them myself so I don't think I will be able to include many...

Another thing that bothers me is, that you can't change the firemode at the moment. Your weapon always shoots like a shotgun so I don't see much sense in adding new ones. It would make more sense, if we were able to add new sounds, textures and could actually modify the way weapons behave in the game. But sadly, this is not possible so, like I already said, I don't see much sense in adding new weapons atm...

• 1 month later...

any way to make this work with latest build? i tried to myself but nothing 

I don't think so. I'm not actually entirely sure in how the new ModLoader thing works, but I am working on the latest versions of this and Fletchery. Expect an update soon.

any way to make this work with latest build? i tried to myself but nothing 

I don't think so. I'm not actually entirely sure in how the new ModLoader thing works, but I am working on the latest versions of this and Fletchery. Expect an update soon.

Okay great! Can't wait to see the updates, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

If you need any sprites made, I would be willing to make some for you as I have plenty of experiance with isometric pixel art from working on content for another game. If you would like I can send you some samples of what I have made for a project for said game via PM as I dont want to seem like I am trying advertise for another game on the fourms.

If you need any sprites made, I would be willing to make some for you as I have plenty of experiance with isometric pixel art from working on content for another game. If you would like I can send you some samples of what I have made for a project for said game via PM as I dont want to seem like I am trying advertise for another game on the fourms.

Yes please, I would absolutely LOVE some help with the sprites. If you would like, you could send me samples. ;)

Looks interesting I will have to check this out,after playing for about 6 ours straight youd expect to have found a gun :P

Edit: If it works...

It most likely won't work. This mod and Fletchery have been outdated. I am working on getting them updated with large updates ;)

I have started to work on some of the sprites and I got to thinking it wouold be kinda cool to be able to mod the weapons with things like lights, optics (scopes/sights) to improve acuracy, silencers to muffle the sound, and grips/bipods to improve weapon handling/stability.

Then I got to thinking that weapons degrade over time and need to be maintained so I was thinking that a guncleaning/gunsmithing kit could be used to maintain and repare the weapons.

This is all of course up to Austin as he is the one coding it, I just make pritty pictures..