Restrictions to Respawns in multiplayer

Seg

Hello!

I've been playing project zomboid for the past five years, and I've noticed some serious issues with multiplayer safehouse raiding and PvP. What I want to suggest is some adjustments to the currently in place safehouse system. As it stands, a character can claim any residential building on the map, and mods can make it so you can claim any building on the map period. If respawn in safehouse is enabled, players can currently do some pretty cheesy strats that make base raiding just not fun in the slightest. On the offensive side, players can claim a house near any player's safehouse and aggressively assault an opposing player's location, simply respawning and being a menace to the defensive players who have no way to end the assault easily. On the defensive side, players can continue to respawn, arm themselves, and wear out the attacking side even if they are vastly outnumbered.

What I propose to combat this problem, and restore some balance to base raiding is the introduction of a buildable object that protects your safehouse while you're offline and allows you to spawn in your safehouse. Essentially what it should do is add some more depth to the safehouse system besides "I claimed this so you can no longer pick up any objects off the floor and also I'm invincible now." This object (I'm gonna call it a Radio Tower, although it could be really anything) must be powered and at 100% health to allow the respawn of players and the protection of offline goods. If the Radio Tower is destroyed, or power is cut to it, the safehouse loses offline protection and players cannot respawn inside. The radio would require Metalworking 3, Electric 2, a propane torch, welding mask,  5 electronic scrap, 3 metal sheets, a transmitter, and a lightbulb

This should add actual goals to raiding a safehouse besides just getting inside and shooting whoever is holed up in there, then grabbing as much as you can before they respawn in the room next to you. I love how punishing the PvP is in it's current state, but the cheese right now is ridiculous in most situations. Since PvP is already being overhauled, I hope this suggestion is considered.

Edited by Seg