Game Crashing

CoastingWest

Question

Recently, my game has been crashing as the game is first loading, and then also, during a load of a save game. I am aware that the game is not finished, and other then my new monitor, the OPTIX G241, and the most recent updated to the game, I don't know why this is happening. The years I have played this game, I have never had this much trouble playing this game.

10 answers to this question

Thanks, from what I can tell there are several textures failing to load? Can you make sure to update your graphics drivers to the latest version from the AMD website?
I also recommend resetting the settings in the driver to default:

Right-click on your desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings.

Click the Preferences tab.

Select Restore Factory Defaults.

Lastly I also recommend disabling the Steam overlay since that can cause texture problems.

Open the Steam client and navigate to the Steam > Settings/Preferences > In-game tab. Uncheck the box next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/support/faq/overlay_options.JPG

Well, I did the factory reset like you said. And it seemed to work just fine, but now it is crashing on me again. I will do the reset again and see if that works.

While it did crash again on me, I realized that for some reason, I have to do the file varication on the game. And that, plus doing the factory reset, seems do to the trick. But, I am not sure why a file keeps going missing.

Thanks, there doesnt seem to be much info about the crash here. In which case can you go to Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid and share any "hs_err_pid" files that might be there?
Additionally, run the game through the "ProjectZomboidOpenGLDebug64.bat" file that is found there, and once it crashes again share the specific "console.txt" file found in the Zomboid folder. This should give us the best possible logs if the crash is graphics related.

Archived