Multiplayer problem with running generators, crops

Parad0x

Hi guys I have a question on the veterans how you run your multiplayer servers. Im kinda new to the game (40 hours) and Im currently playing on a hosted dedicated server of a friend.

We have following problem at the moment:We are like 3 different groups of players on the server right now, who play on different times and yeah want their own base of operation. Right now we have one mega base, but that will split up. As you know, as soon as 1 player, plays on the server, the ingame time is running, and so are the plants, generators running on every base. Also we want to change that new loot is spawning on the map, and that zombies also will respawn, so the replayable value is established. The problem is also with the settings right now, that if no new loot gets spawned and also no new zombies it could happen that one group wants to raid the police station in muldraugh but its already looted.

But yeah kind of tricky with that running ingame time, do you guys have a solution or recommendation for us? Honestly I dont even know if crops or generators run in a different city when I for example play in Muldraugh and have a base there and the other base is in westpoint. Have not tested it but I would assume that crops and generators are running and growing everywhere, when someone is on the server, right?

Generators can be turned off. Other than that i would reccomend creating a group chat over something like facebook, whatsapp etc. or creating a discord so you can communicate with everyone when players are going to be on and attempt to manage it that way.

Archived