Multilayer server sleep mechanics.

Blackplasma

Hi, I have a suggestion/request

Could we get a tooltip or notification or moodlet to indicate how many of the player population in the server are currently sleeping?

Additionally could you also apply the same "time advance because all players are sleeping" effect to actions which have a green progress bar? So for example if 3/4  players are tired and sleeping but I am not, I can read a book and the time will advance quickly, or saw a load of logs?

I guess it might not be easy for short actions like transferring items but it would be great to speed read a book while others are sleeping

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, the notification is absolutely necessary.

Also, I'd like to see a server option which, when SleepAllowed=true and SleepNeeded=false, toggles SleepNeeded to true when a given percentage of players are asleep. It's annoying when most players want to fast forward, but some lone wolf decides not to, and this would conveniently highly encourage them to go to sleep.

36 minutes ago, getstoopid said:

A general fast-forward mechanic could replace the "sleep-timeskipping" alltogether. If every player clicks on fast-forward time starts skipping until a players moves or switches back to normal. 

So some could sleep, others could read or wash etc.

Yes or if the server host can change time as in soloplay. 

But in a way i dont realy like that you can waike up by moving, its silly that you can waike up exact when when you like whitout an alarm clock as you have to do in soloplay and in IRL to.

• 3 weeks later...