Keeping Character Weight Up

CaptKaspar

Hey Everyone, 

Wondering if anyone has taken the time to figure out what is needed to keep weight on your character. It seems as though 80kg is what is considered to be normal. Underweight kicks in at 75kg? Is that correct?

So, has anyone worked out roughly what is needed to keep your weight around 80kg? I assume this will vary depending on the activity levels of the characters, but we should be able to get a basic range right? 

I think conventionally a diet high in carbs and fatty foods would keep the weight on. So, what does a character make if they are sustaining themselves on renewable foods (farming/trapping)? I make a lot of soups/stews with fish and potatoes but it doesn't seem to keep the weight on. What else can I do with renewable foods? I can also get small birds and rabbits, but neither of those are very fatty. Carrots, tomatoes, radishes, broccoli, strawberries and cabbages aren't the types of foods that I would think would be beneficial to keeping weight on - but are useful for nutrition. 

So how do you keep weight on using only renewable foods? What do you cook, and how much do you eat? I know I can smash bags of chips, chocolate, etc but those are not renewable. 

Yeah, sweet spot is to keep weight at 80 kg. Havent gone so far in game that i would have to rely on renewables for a long time, but was eating roasted fish fillets mixed with veggies and spices for some time and it seemed ok (spices included oils).

Basically, a char needs ~2000 calories every day (more, if char runs and fights a lot) Calories in foods are separate from hunger values of foods (so char can be "full to bursting" but still lose weight because they don't hit the calories requirements).

Easiest thing to do is to get a Nutritionist trait and see what foods give what calories.

Ok, but ballparking here, What amount of renewable food is needed to keep weight up on an average day of killing a few dozen zombies and doing chores around the safehouse?

Without starting a new character to have the nutritionist trait or abusing admin powers to spawn sticks of butter to eat everyday, how much food is needed?

With renewables from farming, trapping, and fishing our options are: Fish, rabbit, squirrel, rat, mouse, small bird, frog, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, radishes, strawberries, and tomatoes. So what recipe combination would be needed and approximately how much needs to be eaten?

I am asking because eating multiple bowls of stew from a high hunger reduction stew (+100 hunger reduction from the pot) made from primarily fish and potatoes (the highest fat and carb food that is renewable) struggles to keep the weight on. 

If I start to get below 80 kgs. cooked fish puts weight on me almost too quickly.  

I think cabbages are enough on their own, but your entire game play is going to be growing cabbages and eating cabbages.  You'd spend hours a day eating them to keep your weight up. 

On 1/20/2022 at 5:46 PM, Laker said:

If I start to get below 80 kgs. cooked fish puts weight on me almost too quickly.  

I think cabbages are enough on their own, but your entire game play is going to be growing cabbages and eating cabbages.  You'd spend hours a day eating them to keep your weight up. 

Yeah I’m finding the best way to put on weight is to eat cooked fish without anything else. 

Archived