Extremely Panicked?

F4TAL3FFECT

So my character has survived for 12 days so far, and ever since the spawn he's been extremely panicked (4th and last stage of panic I think). I don't understand why even though I live far away from the center of Muldraugh in a quiet safe house, my character has never changed that particular moodle.

I've been bitten once but I survived. My traits are

Strong, Keen hearing, Athletic on the plus side and Agoraphobic, Claustrophobic, Brooding, Cowardly, Light Drinker, Short Tempered on the minus side.

How can I stop my panic? Do I have to find Beta blockers? Any help would be appreciated.

Well the reason he is so panicked is because you picked Agoraphobic AND claustrophobic.
(Claustrophobic means the char gets panicked indoors and Agoraphobic means they get panicked outdoors)
So your character is pretty much a nervous wreck, I guess the panic is something you're gonna have to put up with.
Beta blockers might help, I'm not entirely sure since I've never played that character build.
Who knows, maybe when NPCs are added your friendly apocalypse doctor might give you therapy which could help with it or being with a friend might calm you down. Guess we'll have to wait n see =3
Good luck survivin'! ;)

Well the reason he is so panicked is because you picked Agoraphobic AND claustrophobic.

(Claustrophobic means the char gets panicked indoors and Agoraphobic means they get panicked outdoors)

So your character is pretty much a nervous wreck, I guess the panic is something you're gonna have to put up with.

Beta blockers might help, I'm not entirely sure since I've never played that character build.

Who knows, maybe when NPCs are added your friendly apocalypse doctor might give you therapy which could help with it or being with a friend might calm you down. Guess we'll have to wait n see =3

Good luck survivin'! ;)

Thanks :). I chose this character build from that PZ guide "Pro tips for new players". I just thought the effects of the 2 panic traits wouldn't be that bad.. I'll need to get tons of beta blockers now lol

I usually use this build:
Pros:
Stout-About 12 weight, enough for one big duffel bag+backpack full o loot
Lucky-Think it reduces chance of bites/scratches?
aaand construction worker

Cons:
Brooding
Short Tempered
Light Drinker
Bare in mind the cons dont rlly have an effect atm but they are deffo coming (may need to rethink this when NPCs come, but for now this has worked 4 me)

Good luck survivin'! ;)

Thanks :). I chose this character build from that PZ guide "Pro tips for new players". I just thought the effects of the 2 panic traits wouldn't be that bad.. I'll need to get tons of beta blockers now lol

beta blocker wont help, ur caracther will always be fully panicked. now knowing that next time dont pick keen hearing since being fully panicked pretty much mean ur deaf and blind :)

personnally i use

construction worker

+strong

+athletic

+gracefull

+resilient

+ligth eater

-caustophobic

-agorophobic

-cowardly

-broodling

-ligth drinker

-short tempered

-unlucky ( effect is really minimal)

I am a little surprised you have survived 12 days fully panicked. Panic can get you killed.  Doesn't cowardly also increase panic?

Yes. Though to be far panic doesn't really affect your ability to run away. :P

Cowardly at least increases panic when in the presence of zombies or combat I believe.

I am a little surprised you have survived 12 days fully panicked. Panic can get you killed.  Doesn't cowardly also increase panic?

Cowardly at least increases panic when in the presence of zombies or combat I believe.

According to this popular guide http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3921-pro-tips-for-new-players/ :

"Claustrophobic, Agoraphobic and Cowardly: They all make you hit bad with fireweapons.

Since you normally ALWAYS use melee weapons (and those seem not really affected), except for escape situations against a horde, this aspect of the trait can be ignored. The view when not completely tired is pretty good (even when in full panic mode all the time), so these are good negative traits to pick."

My vision range seems around 80% of what normal vision is and I really have no problem hearing zombies at all.

According to this popular guide http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3921-pro-tips-for-new-players/ :

"Claustrophobic, Agoraphobic and Cowardly: They all make you hit bad with fireweapons.

Since you normally ALWAYS use melee weapons (and those seem not really affected), except for escape situations against a horde, this aspect of the trait can be ignored. The view when not completely tired is pretty good (even when in full panic mode all the time), so these are good negative traits to pick."

My vision range seems around 80% of what normal vision is and I really have no problem hearing zombies at all.

i can tell u that at lvl 2 of aiming and fully panicked  90% of my pistol shot 1hit/kill zombie. i dont think i ever miss,just not kill zombie in 1 hit.

I also stumbled upon this build and like it. Zombies can get pretty close to you before detection with extreme panic and everything is much more fun and tense with it, I find. That said, it takes ages to reload a gun so if you do use a firearm be mindful that panic slows it down. As for the completed game, many of these drawbacks we take for granted will probably come back to bite us if our survivor lives that long, I reckon haha

I also stumbled upon this build and like it. Zombies can get pretty close to you before detection with extreme panic and everything is much more fun and tense with it, I find. That said, it takes ages to reload a gun so if you do use a firearm be mindful that panic slows it down. As for the completed game, many of these drawbacks we take for granted will probably come back to bite us if our survivor lives that long, I reckon haha

So the panic is permanent? :/

So the panic is permanent? :/

... well, eventually you'll die, so no.  But until you do, yes.

I do hope they rework some of these traits as well as the rain. In real life rain doesn't cause sickness and in game it does. In real life Claustrophobia is being in an extremely enclosed place like a closet, not a house. Also, doesn't panic eventually get you killed on it's own? I went to sleep in a house as a character with claustrophobia and ended up with a fever. By immediately running outside and quickly running into houses and eating food, I eventually outlasted it by minimizing my time indoors. Either way it's a bit strange how it works and I hope in the future it's all explained a bit better.

I do hope they rework some of these traits as well as the rain. In real life rain doesn't cause sickness and in game it does. In real life Claustrophobia is being in an extremely enclosed place like a closet, not a house. Also, doesn't panic eventually get you killed on it's own? I went to sleep in a house as a character with claustrophobia and ended up with a fever. By immediately running outside and quickly running into houses and eating food, I eventually outlasted it by minimizing my time indoors. Either way it's a bit strange how it works and I hope in the future it's all explained a bit better.

Panic appears to have little to no effect.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the panic levels increase a bit too fast as it stands right now. I had a character with Agoraphobia, and as soon as  I walk outside it jumps up each level of panic per second; immediate extremem panic. I think if you stay this way too long you will eventually get ill, but I never tested it.

It really needs to be rebalanced, IMO.

Either panic should increase slowly depending on how long you are exposed to the stimulant (indoors, outdoors, etc.) depending on the phobia. Or, it should be almost immediately extreme - like it currently is - and eventually over time your character begins to lose the fear (exposure out of necessity). Character development is something I'd like to see; what you do in game effects and affects your traits, altering, reversing, or eliminating them over time.

I think the panic levels increase a bit too fast as it stands right now. I had a character with Agoraphobia, and as soon as  I walk outside it jumps up each level of panic per second; immediate extremem panic. I think if you stay this way too long you will eventually get ill, but I never tested it.

Either panic should increase slowly depending on how long you are exposed to the stimulant (indoors, outdoors, etc.) depending on the phobia. Or, it should be almost immediately extreme - like it currently is - and eventually over time your character begins to lose the fear (exposure out of necessity). Character development is something I'd like to see; what you do in game effects and affects your traits, altering, reversing, or eliminating them over time.

I never got ill from it but killed myself on purpose because of the ambient beating sound.

Agoraphobia + Claustrophobia is the worst combination ever. I was ALWAYS at the highest level of panic.

I never got ill from it but killed myself on purpose because of the ambient beating sound.

Agoraphobia + Claustrophobia is the worst combination ever. I was ALWAYS at the highest level of panic.

Survivor: I can't stand it...the walls are closing in! I NEED TO ESCAPE!

*runs outside*

Survivor: They're everywhere...EVERYWHERE! THEY'RE WATCHING ME! OH GOD RUN!!

*Runs inside*

Survivor: There's no escape, I'm trapped here forever! I NEED TO ESCAPE!

Repeat until heart attack.

Personally I don't use traits. As it stands now, they're so easily exploitable. Light drinker and brooding when you can just not drink plus anger having no side effects, as there are no NPCs. I also assume panic affects nothing but gun aim and possibly FOV.