Game dont launch

zZebak

Question

Hello, The problem is that the game dont launch in 64 bits mode, the both options steam give me to launch the game dont work so i have to start it from the 32 bits .exe, but this way i can not use all my ram to opening a cooperative server, and i also dont get the fps i should.

None of the build 41 legacy versions works either. 

And when i try to launch it from the bat files the last thing i get is a PAUSE message.

Captura.PNG.e34b4d21bd71fa3c85700e19971fdfe6.PNG

19 answers to this question

It looks like it is failing to load some assets.
Can you try uninstalling the game, then go to Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid and delete any leftover files and folder there. After that install the game again.

Additionally, can you disable your Steam overlay as well?

Open the Steam client and navigate to the Steam > Settings/Preferences > In-game tab. Uncheck the box next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/support/faq/overlay_options.JPG

On 1/14/2022 at 3:03 AM, Beard said:

It looks like it is failing to load some assets.
Can you try uninstalling the game, then go to Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid and delete any leftover files and folder there. After that install the game again.

Additionally, can you disable your Steam overlay as well?

Open the Steam client and navigate to the Steam > Settings/Preferences > In-game tab. Uncheck the box next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/support/faq/overlay_options.JPG

i did and it did not work. same problem

Captura.PNG

That is very unusual, did you put the -novoip properly in the launch options? And are you launching the game using the Standard launch after that? I checked the game logs and it seems like the -novoip is not being applies in there properly.

Can you try uninstalling your Java installation? A player with similar error managed to fix a very similar issue doing that.
I assume that worked because PZ uses built in Java, and if there are any weird Java settings in the other one it would overwrite the PZ one.

when i open the 64 bits .exe or .bat i dont get the hs_err_pid file, if i open the 32 bits .exe the game works but with the 32 bits .bat the game open but crash and give me a hs_err_pid file.

The capture is the error after the crash with the 32 bits .bat

And the hs_err_pid is the file it generates.

Captura.PNG

hs_err_pid7096.log

Archived