The Last of Us mod

Ever since I saw gameplay of The Last of Us, I became fascinated with the idea of what they depicted in it.

The idea for a mod of TLoU in Project Zomboid would be something like this:

- Mod replaces survival mode. Infection mortality is 2 days, reanimation is instant; most infected can run, population is very low, but shooting loud weapons will attract lots of infected.

- Models of zombies are replaced with Zomboid styled versions of the 4 stages of infected: Runners, Stalkers, Clickers, and Bloaters. Sound effects of zombies are replaced with the sounds from rightful infected.

- Runners would basically be exactly like Sprinters in PZ Sandbox mode. Can be mostly found in areas that would show they were recently overran.

- Stalkers are rare and would sometimes be found in areas like underground tunnels and sewers.

- The sound effects of the Clickers would be replaced from the occasional zombie moans to the occasional well feared clicking noises. Scripted so they move differently than runners; can't see you, only hear you. Common in most areas. Unless armed, death is instant.

- Bloaters are also rare and can be mostly found in areas covered with fungal overgrowth; can throw balls of spores at you and infect you. Instant death if hit by them.

- PZ map is covered with signs of plant overgrowth (grass in streets, vines up walls, decaying homes. Being done in Erosion mod). Fungus covers some areas around the map. Spores float around areas with most fungus growing.

- Gas mask is added in-game, allowing you to safely traverse through spore infested areas. Warning: Gas-mask can break if damaged.

- Mod adds a list of character models; characters are modeled after those in TLoU (Joel, Ellie, Tommy, Bill, Sam, Henry, Tess, etc).

- Character models of some NPCs altered to those of Fireflies (once NPCs are implemented); some areas around map will have a firefly symbol around them.

- Story of TLoU recreated in PZ story mode.

- Most of one town (West Point of Muldraugh) is walled off into a safe zone with NPC survivors and soldiers (once NPCs are implemented) doing what they usually have done in TLoU (asking for rations, being dragged out of buildings, sneaking out, visiting others, etc).

I'll edit this with more some time after. Until then, discuss.

- Mod replaces survival mode. Infection morality is 2 days, reanimation is instant; most infected can run, population is very low, but shooting loud weapons will attract lots of infected.

Infection Morality? :huh:

Do the spores infect you then feel bad about it for 2 days :P

I know what you mean, just being a dick :)

"Oh shit, i'm infected, what am i going to tell my parents? They'll be furious that i went out with that clicker."

- Mod replaces survival mode. Infection morality is 2 days, reanimation is instant; most infected can run, population is very low, but shooting loud weapons will attract lots of infected.

Infection Morality? :huh:

Do the spores infect you then feel bad about it for 2 days :P

I know what you mean, just being a dick :)

I'm actually glad you mentioned that. Had you not, I probably would never have noticed. lol

I like the idea and most of it shouldnt be too hard.

-The overall changed map ( plant overgrow ) can be achieved with the Erosion-Nature takes over mod which is currently work in progess. He is also planned for the vanillia game , as well as sewers ( modding them will be quite hard probably)

-The change of the zombies would be the main aspect of the mod. I dont know if you need changed NPC skins. Changing models is currently way to hard , but when the new modding tools come out , which should be late 2014 (?) i think a "The last of us" mod is possible !

• 2 weeks later...

The Last of Us definitely deserves a mod imo.

It's the ONLY game in my life that I am still actively playing (Singleplayer as well as Factions) and a PZ mod for it would make my free time even more awesome.

What I'd hope would be a last of us styled fighting system.

Punching humans with fists results in the guy getting knocked back, against the wall, head kicked in etc... Would be hard to impossible to do, but it would be awesome to have that!

I think the infected would be a big task though.

Right now, the fast shamblers option gives zombies of varying behavior, walk style, speed... You'd need a bloater being a tad bigger than a normal human to not look stupid and make him slow in idle and fast shamble-speed in agro mode. 

And the clickers? Normal shambler / fast shambler / sprinter behavior wouldn't cut it. 

You would need their normal actual behavior, twitching with the arms, looking completely wreck'd, running around in a crippled-ish way etc.

I think it would be a giant task. 

Youd need to mix every single speed option in the game together into that one survival mode, make special zombies be special (i dont know how anyones going to do that) and put the correct "criterias" or so to them, like the stalkers and bloaters being in dark places / buildings like warehouses.

Just my opinions / stuff here.

Note that im assuming for the most parts, Im not a good scripter / coder / modder (im only good in texture and model modding).

• 2 years later...