Help Adding Extra Cells to WorldEd while in a WIP (Solved)

Felony XIXI

Ok so I started a new world using just 1 cell. Cell 0,0, which is coming along great, had a lot of problems but have overcome them with research and stuff n things. Only, this one I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

Can I add extra Cells to WorldEd after working on a project that already has a Cell? Or is this going to be another thing that makes me start again... lol? I'm hoping there's a tutorial on here but I couldn't find one...

I thought it would be as easy as throwing in new cell images and selecting bmp to tmx under selected cells, but nope. I added the extra Cell image, but I can't select it, I can't delete it, I can't do anything with it, it's just a Cell that's stuck to the Cell I'm working on which does nothing... Please help?

Edited by Felony XIXI

56 minutes ago, Felony XIXI said:

Ok so I started a new world using just 1 cell. Cell 0,0, which is coming along great, had a lot of problems but have overcome them with research and stuff n things. Only, this one I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

Can I add extra Cells to WorldEd after working on a project that already has a Cell? Or is this going to be another thing that makes me start again... lol? I'm hoping there's a tutorial on here but I couldn't find one...

I thought it would be as easy as throwing in new cell images and selecting bmp to tmx under selected cells, but nope. I added the extra Cell image, but I can't select it, I can't delete it, I can't do anything with it, it's just a Cell that's stuck to the Cell I'm working on which does nothing... Please help?

If you are already far enough along on your map then using the world offset when exporting your map should be all that is needed when exporting your first and subsequent maps.

ie, if your first map was just a single cell placed at the co-ordinates 30x30 and you then wanted to add another single cell joining directly to the west of it you can just create a new world and give it the world offset of 29x30.

Good to know! Luckily I'm not too far into it where I don't mind starting again which also gives me a chance to plan the base maps a little more. I found that I could resize the map, giving me extra cells to work with but I stupidly started off with 1 cell which is 0,0 and the Cell I was trying to add was 0,-1 which doesn't exist when resizing the map. But exporting it at different coordinates would've solved that so thanks for that. Takes a bit of getting used to with everything but getting there slowly, and it helps to ask people who know what they're doing. Thanks for the reply! 

• Felony XIXI changed the title to Help Adding Extra Cells to WorldEd while in a WIP (Solved)