Being able to lit cigarettes with campfires (also stoves/bbq...)

deprav

EDIT : Whoops, I thought I was in Suggestions, opened too many tabs ^^' can it be moved pretty please ?

Pretty much anything that can be used to cook in the game should give the player the possibility to smoke if standing close to the heat source, without using lighter/matches. That would save the player many matches & lighters, which can be surprisingly rare to find in some runs ! Playing as a character with the "smoker" trait right now, lighters/matches is one of my most precious & rare ressources at the moment (1 month & a half in, looted pretty much 1/4th of Westpoint).

I lit my campfire with notched planks + sticks to save matches, but I can't lit my cigarettes with that fire.

(or if anyone can mod it, I don't have the slightest clue about how to)

Edited by deprav

I don't know if this has something to do with my character having the Lucky trait, but I have absolutely no issues with matches, lighters or cigarettes on my SP Apocalypse 41.65 run (5 months in). I find plenty of these items both on zeds and in containers.

But yeah, it would be nice to have more options to light cigarettes. Besides OP's suggestions, I would love to have car outlets:)

Edited by Tykvesh

• 3 months later...

I was about to post this as a suggestion, but I see it already have been done. So, I second this.  :)

Most heat sources in the game (in fact all of them except the microwave oven) uses fire. It would be really nice to be able to light a cigarette with it: particulary with the ovens you find in every house. Because depending on your game mode, coming accros matches or lighter can be quite rare (or "extremely rare" as the game settings call it ;) ). So, in order to answer to your character smoke addiction, you have to both find cigarettes (which can also be "extremely rare") and matches or lighter. On a regular basis, because those things are not eternal.

Having the cigarettes in your character's inventory, who he severly stressed and depressed because he didn't have smoke in many days, and you'll have him just there, looking at the stove, be like "Nope, I won't light a cig on this, I'd rather die depressed and stressed looking for matches in every house / zed I come accros, rather than lighting a cig on that stove. I have higher standards, you know." :D

I've lit many a cigarette in a toaster myself over the years when I find myself fireless. Give a use for the toaster furniture piece that just serves as decoration at the moment.

Now,  leaning over a  fireplace can be a little dicey when it comes to lighting a smoke... oddly enough, it gets a little too hot to lean into. But there are always embers than can be drug out or, or light a twig on fire, and problem solved.