Banned From PZ Reddit for Calling Out People Pirating PZ

Yungballz86

It's more the calling people 'scum' part. There's one big rule that the rest of the rules stem from which is: Be Lovely. Regardless of your stance on things.

To demonize them, as much as it is frustrating, doesn't help, because a lot of them come around when they can. Lots of stories of people who used to pirate it, who ended up purchasing and buying multiple copies etc... Hell, I may have even done so but I can't remember since it was so long ago.

The far more damaging thing is people who buy from key resellers, rather than trusted retailers. Especially for indie games.

I'll let you know of the ban status, but it's not really an attitude we like to have in the community regardless if it's shitting on the game or defending the game to the ends of the earth.

Mandan, I can understand the sentiment of "be nice". I just never really realized those kinds of courtesies were extended to thieves. Maybe it's just my personal experiences in life but, I despise thieves.

I guess I assumed if you could buy a gaming PC, you can afford PZ for $10. I honestly didn't realize "scum" was that offensive lol 

Appreciate you looking into the ban but, don't go out of your way for it. 

Boogeyman, no warnings. Just banned. I guess that guy had pirated a lot of games lol

Shortened the ban to 30 days.

Point still stands, being toxic breeds toxicity. 

Piracy isn't literal theft, either, that's a straight up boomer take.

Furthermore, your toxic response was to someone who already bought the game after playing the pirated version. 

It was misplaced, simply put. It had no place in the conversation and has certainly no place in our community. I hope that's acceptable.

We all have our hate-boners, I know I do, but keep it tucked in upon your return. ;)

• nasKo locked this topic
33 minutes ago, Yungballz86 said:

Mandan, I can understand the sentiment of "be nice". I just never really realized those kinds of courtesies were extended to thieves. Maybe it's just my personal experiences in life but, I despise thieves.

I guess I assumed if you could buy a gaming PC, you can afford PZ for $10. I honestly didn't realize "scum" was that offensive lol 

Appreciate you looking into the ban but, don't go out of your way for it. 

Boogeyman, no warnings. Just banned. I guess that guy had pirated a lot of games lol

It's MadDan by the way. ;)

It'll be a 30-day ban. Try not to get involved in piracy chats again that might cause such a reaction.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Archived