PZ Doesnt start

Nick789789

Question

So I got PZ yesterday and i bought it from Desura and when i finished downloading it it doesnt start all i get is cmd coming up saying and error and going away all happening in about a second ive got my java 7 32 bit downloaded but the error is bassically saying that it cant find the path to java and i also got my amd cards up to date anyways a reply would mean alot to me and thanks for reading

5 answers to this question

Walked Nick through it over Skype and Team Viewer.

It turns out his display driver was the generic windows version from 2009, rather than an up-to-date one.

I don't understand why it said that the specified path was not found, then? Or was that another problem?

I don't understand why it said that the specified path was not found, then? Or was that another problem?

Misunderstanding of those exe4j calls, prior to the error flashing by.

Some bat files themselves don't appear to be working correctly on this system, either.

Bit of a red herring.

I . . . must not have committed my edit last night? Nick was using Steam to update his system -- it was just pulling the generic drivers from Windows Update, by the looks of it. That's why his card ended up so out of date, despite being "up to date."

I never knew Steam did/could do that.

Make sure you've installed the right Java version. Ideally, don't change the installation folder.

When you installed Java 32 Bit, make sure you start the 32 Bit version of the game.

Same applies for the 64 verison of Java and the game.

I yet have to see a case where the error happens when Java is installed correclty.

Archived