More (Useless?) Stuff

Jatta Pake

When the time is right to start modding, I'm sure a lot of item packs will be released.

Heck, I'm even willing to contribute a few packs myself.

Sounds like a fun project to do.

That would be a great way to use the steam workshop, encourage people to make interesting useless items.

I think that a lot of the useless items should have some use, even if they suck at it.  For example, a dog leash could be used like a sheet rope (with a 90% chance of breaking).  You could roll a globe (and other balls) and have a chance to distract nearby zombies for a second.  You could smack zombies with a fly swatter (but probably shouldn't), ect.

Uhh... that's what I said earlier.

first of all... that is quite the list. love it!

I'm very fond of useless stuff, possible uses and crafting recipes can be added with every new update (technically...) but this is a lot of work, doing sprites for all this. so if the devs/ designers are in then hell yes

I'm very fond of useless stuff, possible uses and crafting recipes can be added with every new update (technically...) but this is a lot of work, doing sprites for all this. so if the devs/ designers are in then hell yes

Steam Workshop would fix that.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I like the idea of uses for these items but we DON'T need more of them. I feel with as useless as they are its pointless to add more. I mean i do have a garage sale for spoons and other things. Then i decided to make a design out of spoons and i wrote "Bring me soup please!" I happened to go raiding and found soup in that house. Anyway unless they get a use in the future i don't think we need any more, although some are creative.

How do they help you? you cant do anything with them but if you could i would be happy with them. I don't like useless things and the last thing i want is the developers working for a few weeks on useless stuff. I mean some of it could have value being used to make things but others are useless. If NPCs wanted them for trade though i would be happy with them.

Huh. Well anyway i think it would be cool if they had uses but not always good uses. I mean they do add a feeling like real life but i don't want to try and loot then go from house to house finding a ton of random stuff that i will never need. If they could have a use or a reason to be in i would agree but i don't see that there is a reason for more, yet i do like some of those ideas listed just for gags or uses. 

Well you have a point but there is a use for EVERYTHING. Lipstick/chap stick can be used to help fires burn hotter and longer. A baseball can be a projectile. Lego's can be used as a trap for NPCs or to kill a little boredom. Its not like everything is useless but they have less useful things. I mean if they were to make some of the "Useless stuff less useful it would still be great and it would be everyone is happy. There are more items and then there not anything useless. It just annoys me that if i go to raid a house there is only clothes and useless items. If the useless items were only so useful then it would be cool. My opinion anyway.

In my trying to survive, that's sure that i don't want to see plenty of useless stuff in the house i'm looting. But IRL i wouldn't have choice, and i personally find interesting the fact that we will need to search more for very usefull stuff hiding in piles of junk. Of course the balance will need to be different from solo and multiplayer.

But i think it's a very good idea, adding some tension when zombies are at the door and you have to find something quick !