Vehicle engines can't turn on

Kernex

After hours of playing in my dedicated server I ran into a problem with engines of vehicles. When I'm about to start the engine it doesn't give any signs of life. I mean, it doesn't try to start, even the key doesn't turn. When I try to start the car through the panel, the key also doesn't turn and the engine doesn't make any sounds.

I have a whole autopark at my disposal (about 10-15 vehicles), and I've checked each of my cars. All have normal indicators of the engine, gas tank, battery and other. But none of them will start, although I used them quite successfully before.

Maybe someone knows what this might be related to?

is your car towing anything? I know if you tow the 'wrong' way (attaching the car being towed to the towing car vs. going to the back of the towing car and attaching to the front of the towed var) it locks the car from being used even with the engine on etc

6 hours ago, spacehimbo said:

is your car towing anything? I know if you tow the 'wrong' way (attaching the car being towed to the towing car vs. going to the back of the towing car and attaching to the front of the towed var) it locks the car from being used even with the engine on etc

No, I'm sure that I'm not towing anything. And as I said I have a lot of cars and I've already checked with each one, but with all the same problem. The ignition key just won't turn

Are you using any mods? Also, do the cars have gas in them? What is their battery and engine status? (note: I do not mean "%"  displayed next to the part but rather "engine / battery quality / charge" that is visible under car's name when that part is selected) 

image.png  image.png

I have a hosted server in which I also get this problem. Except it seems to happen whenever me and my 3 other friends are each driving a car around Louisville. The game seems to glitch, not allowing any of us to start our cars and limiting us to one chunk. I found restarting my pc fixes this, but it comes back just as fast. Could be the game can't handle all four different chunks we are loading? I don't know.

• 1 year later...