Is there a way to change some sandbox settings once the game is started ?

deprav

So I'm having a pretty cool run in a sandbox game with nocturnal running zombies, it's dope and terrifying... but I realized "multiple zombie hit" setting was on and I'd like to turn it off without losing that game save ; is that possible somehow ?

a dude wrote this comment on the page for a mod(steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2670674997&searchtext=sandbox):

There are better ways to change Sandbox Settings Mid-Game, rather then using this buggy semi-working crap Mod.

Solution:
1.Create a new Game with the new Settings you like.
2. Go to Users/Zomboid/Saves/Sandbox/"Your created save from Step 1" - Copy to file map.bin
3. Go ti Users/Zomboid/Saves/Sandbox/"Your save you want the changes to be applied" - Copy the map.bin in.

map.bin is the settings file. All other things like allready created loot, characters and buildings are untouched.

No need to ruin your game with this "Mod".

i haven't tried it yet, but it's non destructive so i think it's worth a shot.

thanks man ! I'll be sure to do a backup and try this

EDIT :
It didn't work sadly :(

EDIT 2 :

Ah ! It's not "map.bin" but "map_sand.bin" that as to be moved ! it worked afterall.
Found on reddit :

1. Make a new sandbox game with the settings you want .

2) go to //users/yourname/Zomboid/saves/sandbox/

Make a backup of your saves

3) Copy the file map_sand.bin (where the settings are stored) from your new game, over the top of the map_sand.bin of your old game."

Archived