Faction Notice board

david_r95

After reading the future plans for NPCs I had an idea for a way to manage the players faction as a whole more easily without it breaking the immersion. A notice board that could be crafted or found then moved to the players safe house.

Alone the board would contain a map (or maybe one could be added when found) and on that map the location of the players safe house.Not only that but the player could post orders for his faction on the board to manage the group as a whole more efficiently than talking to them one by one and when those NPC's return they could post notes on the map detailing anything they might have found on their excursion for example other faction safe houses or zombie hordes not only that but the player could use this to plan construction say the player has someone in their party who has a high carpentry skill they could in theory plan out an upgrade then leave the instructions for it on the noticeboard then designate an area of forest to be cleared or a building to be salvaged for wood how much should be collected and how many people should go to gather it. the board could be an excellent way of managing the meta game in a lore friendly and immersive way not only that but the player could also check the notice boards of other factions when raiding to gather information from them.

The actual board itself when interacted with would appear in the middle of the skin and fill most of it and the player would left click posts on the board to read them and right click to bring up the usual drop down menu with possible interractions (for example posting orders)

as a final addition to my little idea it could be made so that the players can equip themselves and their survivors with clipboards, paper and pens/pencils to gather more detailed information.

if you read all this thank you for your time and I hope you like the idea

Actually sounds good to me, maybe less of an information tool for you if the NPC actually say what they saw, but otherwise it seems quite well constructed.

The local construction would be very good Indeed. So yeah, kinda got my vote.

glad you agree, seems like the biggest problem zomboid has at the moment is staying immersive and true to lore (which seems to be quite important to the developers) while giving the player more useful and detailed information and I think third party maps and sources of information aren't going to cut it when the player really progresses especially since I imagine survival times are going to increase considerable with the addition of player factions. I hope they take my idea they'd implement it far better than I could with a mod

Yeah, I really like the idea of getting little bastions of humanity in what would otherwise be a sea of zed. This is something that would help with that a fair bit.

Though the A.I. director might certainly have something to say about those when it finally gets implemented...

That it would be pretty nice!! This is a great Big little nice lovely idea! I would like the bulletin board has a schedule, so you can control things like "time to go to bed" and set shifts for guard (?) And it will be awesome for manage supplies!!

ooooooooooooooooo I like that idea! and you could have a notice on the board that shows your supplies and you updated it by telling someone to go check your stocks? also it could, on the map, have a boarder showing exactly whats part of your safehouse and possibly allow you to redefine the borders but have penalties if there are zombies or other factions inside your safehouse? maybe it'd cause everyone to panic?

ooooooooooooooooo I like that idea! and you could have a notice on the board that shows your supplies and you updated it by telling someone to go check your stocks? also it could, on the map, have a boarder showing exactly whats part of your safehouse and possibly allow you to redefine the borders but have penalties if there are zombies or other factions inside your safehouse? maybe it'd cause everyone to panic?

make the leader plan the day for other survivors in the group, i like this idea

Nice! I think that you could select maybe one or two Inventory managers, so you don't have to worried about anyone needing something or that someone is bad armed (?)

I don't understood pretty well the second idea, like have blueprints or something like that?

Nice! I think that you could select maybe one or two Inventory managers, so you don't have to worried about anyone needing something or that someone is bad armed (?)

I don't understood pretty well the second idea, like have blueprints or something like that?

basically my idea is that it'd have a grid based plan of your safehouse and you'd place walls and such on that and then whoever has the highest building level will grab all the available necessary resources in the safehouse and get to work

Maybe have it so that everything within so many feet of the faction board is considered the group's safe house? With the radius of what the faction board considers the group's safe house expanding every time a new member is added to the group (since a larger group needs more space).

Maybe add some sort of option that lets the faction leader have the faction board expand more in certain directions to incorporate other houses in the area or areas that offer some sort of advantage.

this is all getting to be a little out of my general UI concept XD surely the things I said it'd be able to do in my original post will be possible anyway but my idea was to have a much faster, easier, and lore friendly way to do this especially for large groups while adding in greater potential for scouting I hope they take the idea im not sure how often they even check this if at all? but it'd be useful