Shoes - What to do with them?

CaptKaspar

2 hours ago, Tykvesh said:

You can dispose of unneeded items via garbage bins (they have a "Delete All" button)

Yeah but thats not realistic and immersion breaking IMO. Why would that get rid of shoes (or any trash for that matter)? I haven’t seen anyone coming around and taking the trash away. 

I think harvesting leather strips from them would be more reasonable and practical. 

On 1/3/2022 at 10:51 PM, Nekron35 said:

that is only possible in solo games?

they're disabled by default because people like me go on servers, break into bases (thank you indiestone for making safehouses so easy to glitch into) and just delete every container of loot we can find. you need to enable them if you want them on your server, though I'd recommend against it.

On 1/3/2022 at 11:00 AM, CaptKaspar said:

Socks can be burned. What can shoes be used for (besides the obvious wearing on your feet because we don’t need dozens of pairs for that)?

Don't burn socks. Rip them apart for the minor tailoring gains and potential thread. Shoes I just toss away on the ground. Or Delete in the garabge.

You could always stick them into a zombie corpse and wait for it to decay. That may be  less immersion breaking and limited by time and the low weight zombie corpses can hold. Also if you jest leave them on the ground they eventually decay as well. Maybe a garbage dump in the woods?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived