[41.65][Multiplayer]Trailers unhitch on log out and occasionally at random

gromit

Multiplayer

Dedicated (Nitrado) (Server is also set to stop when no players are active)

No Mods

Tow Trailer with vehicle.
Log out of server

Log back in

Trailer is now unhitched

In addition to this, if you do not re-attach it in game and drive away from the trailer, the vehicle rubber bands back to the trailer if player(s) get out of it. It's amusing to watch but does tend to wreck the vehicle in the process.

Sometimes trailers become unhitched in game while you're playing or even driving, but seems somewhat rare and I can't reproduce it.

that happen to me too but i thought its bc poor condition of trailer so i lose it when i drive faster but when my gf drives with her sunday driver perk she never lose trailer

whats really bugged for us is towing vehicles ... i said bugged but i should say broken cos it simple doesnt work at all , we can attach other car but when we try tow , it never move even a little plus there is this wierd thing - engine is on but no RPM shows and no engine sound at all

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VocaloidAddict said:

I've got this problem now, where the car rubberbands back to the trailer.. I can't seem to get it stop. Is there a way to unattach it?

I've tried attaching and logging out

Attaching and unattaching then logging out, then log back in and attach

I can't seem to make it not rubberband

Not sure if there is a fix for this specifically yet for the next patch, didn't see anything about it, but a temporary workaround is just don't have the car on before you attach. Or turn off the car and detach/re-attach. That's been working for me, no need to log out.

I am running un-modded though, so if you have mods and this workaround isn't working it may be due to that.

unhitch before logging out and hitching when you get back in tends to work fine for me. You can also hitch before setting off and that generally works too. It's a bit of a mess right now sadly.

Unfortunately I have also found (likely by sheer coincidence) that the ambulance has a real bad tendency to just take off even with the trailer attached to it. It's done it twice now. The first time I got out and the passenger had to log out before he died. I was able to ram the ambulance out of a nearby building to get it back. The second I was alone and it killed me

Edited by gromit