[41.65][Multiplayer] Sleep hypotermia in house.

artenais

Good morning to the doidscene,

Everyone of my friends seem to encounter the following during winter season : 

- No sleep traits modifiers

- House is 21 degrees, Electricity still on.

- Winter season.

When someone goes to sleep it wakes up after 10/20 minutes with hypotermia status. 

Thank you for your work :) 

On 1/5/2022 at 12:59 PM, spacehimbo said:

Same thing happens here. Colds come with it, sleep is interrupted three times a night at most. Hyperthermia happens as well, in the middle of winter.

Indoors, temperature is alright thanks to an antique oven (not perfectly ideal but not able to get you hypothermic even when naked).

While me and my partner are playing with mods, this has happened to us in a vanilla server. We can try testing on a new server if needed.

hypothermic.PNG

On 1/5/2022 at 12:00 PM, Pandorea said:

We're aware that this happens to some people ( yet to reproduce though :( ) and the team are looking into what could be causing this.

I've had this happen and found this when I went looking for answers. Someone in here claims it's related to alt-tabbing.

1 hour ago, Apexazimuth said:

Another player on our dedicated server is having this problem, but I haven't had the problem myself.  Makes me wonder if it could be related to a trait?

Everyone having this problem;  What traits does your character have?

My Engineer character has Wakeful, Fit, Thin Skinned, Gymnast, Hunter, Iron Gut, Hearty Appetite, Short Sighted, Cat Eyes, Amateur Mechanic, Keen Hearing. started off Underweight but is a stable weight and has gained the Stout trait. Partner's Fry Cook character has Thick Skinned, Strong, Baseball Player, and Gardener - no sleeping related traits. I notice my character has gotten sick more often than him.

I'm the person on Apex's server who was having this issue, and I found something that fixed it for me! I haven't seen anyone else suggest this, but through much trial and error we managed to find THIS:

I went from having this bug every single time I attempted to sleep, to being able to sleep normally as I should be able to! I really hope this helps others!

Edited by Kitaelia

On 1/8/2022 at 3:58 PM, Kitaelia said:

I'm the person on Apex's server who was having this issue, and I found something that fixed it for me! I haven't seen anyone else suggest this, but through much trial and error we managed to find THIS:

I went from having this bug every single time I attempted to sleep, to being able to sleep normally as I should be able to! I really hope this helps others!

I confirm I have "Uncapped" as a FPS option and will try this later in the day. I hope next patch will fix it.

UPDATE : Tried the cap at 60, bug still present for me.

Edited by artenais

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still happening to us and it's 100% related to alt-tabbing while sleeping. My brother is more often the first one to go to sleep and would alt-tab and it keep happening to him only. Then it happened to me and I found this tread and the person claiming it's alt-tab and it clicked that I alt-tabbed when it happened.

Since then we ask each other to go back to the game before sleeping and it has stopped happening except once in a while when one of use forgot about it. Just happened again to me while I was alt tabbed just now.

Edited by devilwarriors

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having this issue in 41.68 (without any alt-tabbing). Me and another player went to sleep in a ~55 degrees Fahrenheit safehouse wearing decent insulation, and we were both instantly awoken (there was a 10 minute tick of in-game time). The other player got maximum hypothermia, and I got maximum hyperthermia, apparently because I was slightly over my weight limit? So then I removed my excess weight, we both bundled up with warmer clothes, and tried sleeping again, but we again woke up, both with maximum hypothermia this time.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but the server was on real-time scale, with the default 40x sleep speed multiplier.

This bug has made sleeping straight up impossible.

Edited by ProjoidZombect

Happened to me yesterday for the very first time ever. Fresh world, MP, about two days in, startingday 9. Got 22 degrees celsius indoors, was wearing normal clothes (too warm actually in reality) and tried to sleep on a couch.

We were two people on the server and slept at the same time - my friend had no problems, but I woke up instantly because of "freezing" (but showing all red at first on the temperature interface. Later on it changed to blue but it took quite some time). 

We run some mods but nothing new since the last run and none of us ever had this problem.

I did not ALT-TAB (why would you do this anyway?).

12 hours ago, ProjoidZombect said:

In our game it was in real-time at the time.

4 hours ago, getstoopid said:

4 hours per day

Sweet! Looks like the same thing :) I believe this should be fixed with the next update. Do let us know how it goes!

7 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Sweet! Looks like the same thing :) I believe this should be fixed with the next update. Do let us know how it goes!

Cool, so you think you found the reason? Is there maybe a workaround for the time being (aside from resetting the daylength)?