DaneTank

• Multiplayer
    • dedicated (Linux Debian 11)
    • Mods (Tsar Common Library)
    • Reproduction steps:

In Windows : (DoLuaChecksum = True)

1) Start Project Zomboid
2) Connect with player account on the server
3) Get the error File doesn't exist on the client (media/lua/server/ATA/ATATuning.lua)

Client 
1) -> Unsubscribe of every mods and download from the server (doesn't work)
2) -> Copy the file of the server to the client directory (doesn't work)
3) -> Delete appmanifest / restart steam / delete all mods manually (doesn't work)
4) -> Uninstall Project Zomboid and delete all mods manually (doesn't work)
5) -> Connect to the server with admin account (work)

Server (restart server each step):

1) -> delete appmanifest and 108600 directory (doesn't work)
2) -> Hardreset (doesn't work)
3) -> modify servertest.ini    | DoLuaChecksum = False (work)

Client (Linux) 

-> Work with DoLuaChecksum = True

Bug : 

Fix

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Still having this issue. Eventually the only solution is to turn checksum off.

This is also affecting v41.66 btw.

It makes really hard and error prone to host servers. And the workaround is to make the server open for hackers.

The error seems to be related to file casing, as renaming files to be all in lower cases tends to fix specific errors, but doing that in all mods is not feasible.

Edited by jcm

12 hours ago, jcm said:

The error seems to be related to file casing, as renaming files to be all in lower cases tends to fix specific errors, but doing that in all mods is not feasible.

Do all the files need to be renamed on the client or on the Linux server?

6 hours ago, Slicer said:

Do all the files need to be renamed on the client or on the Linux server?

both, I have a custom modpack for my own server. I noticed that renaming the file that had the error to be all in lowercase would fix the error for that specific file, but then another file would cause the same error. Eventually I was renaming almost all files inside `media/lua/shared` to be in  lowercase, which is not feasible when you have many mods installed. At this point I just disabled the checksum.

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

Is this still an issue if you disable the modpack?

Nope, the issue is when loading some of the mods present in the modpack.

Here is the modpack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2710586001

Related options in the server's ini file:

Mods=modoptions;AquatsarYachtClub;AutoSmoke;autotsartrailers;BedfordFalls;Betterhandwash;BookCollection;isoContainers;esQoLMP;BoredomTweaks;FRUsedCars;FRUsedCarsNLF;ExpirationFoodR;MilitaryUsedCarSkins;MinimalDisplayBars;ModManager;MoreDescriptionForTraits4166;OccupationalItemsImproved;OtrSR;Otr;myclothinguimod;RPQuickSortB41;RainWash;ReducedPlank;spiffovanrefrigerator;SimpleAddInventoryPages20191226;sleeponit;Smoker;jiggasGreenfireMod;jiggasAddictionMod;TMC_TrueActions;tsarslib;TurnOffTVRadioFromContextMenu;VehicleRecycling;Xonics Mega Mall;VaccinDrReapers;BecomeDesensitized;FuelAPI;TheStar;WaterDispenser;ATA_Jeep;ATA_Mustang;ATA_Bus;TMC_Trolley;TrueActionsDancing;Jagdkommando;ExtraMapSymbols;Military_Tool_Kit;M113_APC_by_Papa_Chad;TicklistMod;SkillRecoveryJournal;546189296;compactbetto;PropaneandGasoline;UNO_83;EasyEngineRebuild;PlayersOnMap;Apocalypse Machines 2 WheelZ;cropsNeverRot;SYMS;TheWorkshop(new version);ScrapWeapons(new version);ScrapGuns(new version);ScrapArmor(new version);Kaldo_RadioFrequencyManager

Map=Xonics Mega Mall;Xonics Mega Mall Exterior;Xonics Mega Mall Interior;Xonics Mega Mall Roof;Otr;Over the River - Secondary Route;North;South;West;BedfordFalls;Muldraugh, KY

WorkshopItems=2710586001

DoLuaChecksum=true

I am pretty sure if a server is deployed on Linux using that it will cause the issue. The modpack was created on Windows.

Edited by jcm