[MP - Build 41.65] Giving admin privileges to a character set's character weight to 80

skate619

• Version?
	• Singleplayer/Multiplayer? 
	• Host or dedicated? 
	• Mods? 
41.65MultiplayerDedicatedNo - technically yes but I disabled them to check

I've been running a server with a character where I have the obese trait and slowly working my way down from 105kg to ~80kg

I had survived for 28 days and my weight got down to 101kg when there was an issue on the server that I needed admin privileges to fix

Upon giving myself admin rights through the dedicated server console window my weight was set to the default 80kg

I suspect this is something to do with the automatically granted admin powers of god mode, invisible etc etc

Is there a way to turn off the automatically granted admin powers? If there is I will do so and try to replicate this issue again.

Not that big of a deal but it's annoying that I was essentially given a free skip to not being obese anymore

Edited by skate619

+1 to this as well. I had an extra annoying side-effect on top of it - my character's weight carrying limit was set to 8.0 permanently and I can't figure out a way to reset it. Even adding XP to level up strength didn't make it budge. 

Multiplayer

Dedicated (Linux)

No Mods

Edited by trynaeat
Added details

18 hours ago, trynaeat said:

+1 to this as well. I had an extra annoying side-effect on top of it - my character's weight carrying limit was set to 8.0 permanently and I can't figure out a way to reset it. Even adding XP to level up strength didn't make it budge. 

Multiplayer

Dedicated (Linux)

No Mods

I had this issue as well, if you go into the admin panel and disable the three at the top. I think they're god mode, invisible, and ghost, that fixed it for me.

Those three powers are granted by default when logging in as an admin

@EnigmaGrey, in the same fashion. Can you take a look @ the admin "levels" like overseer moderator GM etc. They seem to be to similiar, a ACL kinda system with roles would be amazing. Currently with our community servers we really need to trust people, because they can just overwrite the sandbox settings and ruin the servers, even at the lower roles. I believe even the lowest one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 9:22 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Basically, the way it was st up is no one on an admin account is supposed to play the game normally. This was because back in the day there were constant reports of admins screwing with people.

It's antiquated and needs to go at this point, but thought the explanation might at least help explain why it works this way. 

Is there any settings we can alter in the server files to let admins play like normal players? Still have the admin console but still be able to gain/lose weight and not have some stats like nutrition reset upon logging in?

Edited by SuperCoolDude

8 hours ago, SuperCoolDude said:

Is there any settings we can alter in the server files to let admins play like normal players? Still have the admin console but still be able to gain/lose weight and not have some stats like nutrition reset upon logging in?

Atm it is only possible once an admin player is logged in and disables all admin powers in admin panel. Those will be re-set on relog, unfortunately.

12 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Atm it is only possible once an admin player is logged in and disables all admin powers in admin panel. Those will be re-set on relog, unfortunately.

I'm aware that it does this on log-in, but I'm asking if there is an option somewhere that we can edit, some .ini or .lua file or even some hexcode setting that we can edit to turn off this upon login?