Why is rope so hard to find?

draslin

Seriously. The most rope I have ever found is about 9. And that was after searching through every warehouse and hardware store in every town pre-Louisville.  Virtually every other tool, I can find dozens and dozens of but not rope. Which is weird thing to model, because you can find literal miles of the stuff in any big box store in the real world. 

It's only real use is in bundling logs to save time on transport so it's not game breaking. Just makes what would otherwise be a manageable experience incredibly tedious in taking many times longer.

I agree, while I have never been in a need of rope because there is not many uses for it (I still always carry one on me if I ever need to tow a car, they are quite light) the stuff is kinda rare. I've raided most warehouses on the map to find a sledge (that was a hassle) except for riverside and I must have found at most a dozen. It's quite weird for such a common item and I can't really see a balance reason behind it. This is a fair point IMO.

20 hours ago, Axiomatic said:

Needs to be actual Rope, not sheet rope.

Which is also kind of weird. 

23 hours ago, Peon said:

I agree, while I have never been in a need of rope because there is not many uses for it (I still always carry one on me if I ever need to tow a car, they are quite light) the stuff is kinda rare. I've raided most warehouses on the map to find a sledge (that was a hassle) except for riverside and I must have found at most a dozen. It's quite weird for such a common item and I can't really see a balance reason behind it. This is a fair point IMO.

You don't need a rope to tow a car? Or at least I've never needed one. As far as I know you don't need anything to tow a car except a car.

Hey, goodish news. Found some more rope. There is an army surplus store in Louisville where I just found 5 (!) rope in one building. Unfortunately that is the only rope I've found this play through. Haven't found a single rope in any warehouse or hardware store between here and Muldraugh.

The Army surplus is due west of the Expo in Lousville, which is on the far north side of Lousiville. (Top down map mode, not isometric). You'll find it in the middle of a grouping of black industrial buildings.

Hope there are a couple more of these Army surplus stores around. 

2 hours ago, draslin said:

Which is also kind of weird. 

You don't need a rope to tow a car? Or at least I've never needed one. As far as I know you don't need anything to tow a car except a car.

Wait what? I've always used a rope to tow a car. You can definitely use one but I have never tried without. 

• 2 weeks later...

And adding to the list of places I've found rope. 

In addition to the Army surplus store (5)

1. The Newton Freight Warehouse (South of the army surplus store) I found 5 more.
  2. The storage buildings south of the Newton Freight Warehouse across the road, I found 4 more.

These are the only places I've found rope so far. Not a single crate or shelf anywhere else I've searched in Muldraugh or West point. So far only in Louisville have I found rope, and only these locations.

I haven't found much rope either.

Log bundles (I'd also suggest adding plank bundles) and a good quantities of rope could be a good addition to McCoys. Perhaps the pallets here could also be taken and used as larger containers than crates.

McCoys is fairly worthless currently, you can't even get a decent axe there now.

Archived