Map help

Zousug

there is "Map" option its set to a vanilla map (selecting a mod map isnt even a option)

Mods: Western Compound;Fort Knox;Blackwood;WestPointExpansion;Otr;Pitstop;Grapeseed;BedfordFalls;lakeivytownship;RavenCreek;FORTREDSTONE;tkTiles_01;DylansTiles;Diederiks Tile Palooza;eris_minimap;

steam ids: 2714425939;1414568604;2536865912;2195155059;926737806;2597946327;2463499011;522891356;2252982049;2196102849;1516836158;2384329562;2599752664;2337452747;1619603097

I redid the spawn point on my map (making sure it was deleted and then saved to update the lua file which is now empty)

2 hours ago, Zousug said:

there is "Map" option its set to a vanilla map (selecting a mod map isnt even a option)

Mods: Western Compound;Fort Knox;Blackwood;WestPointExpansion;Otr;Pitstop;Grapeseed;BedfordFalls;lakeivytownship;RavenCreek;FORTREDSTONE;tkTiles_01;DylansTiles;Diederiks Tile Palooza;eris_minimap;

steam ids: 2714425939;1414568604;2536865912;2195155059;926737806;2597946327;2463499011;522891356;2252982049;2196102849;1516836158;2384329562;2599752664;2337452747;1619603097

I redid the spawn point on my map (making sure it was deleted and then saved to update the lua file which is now empty)

Maybe try only having your mod and any tileset mods it needs enabled. It might be some compatibility issue with other map mods that you also have active.

1 hour ago, chromarict said:

Maybe try only having your mod and any tileset mods it needs enabled. It might be some compatibility issue with other map mods that you also have active.

was waiting for my friend to do that... and it works by its self.. not to add them 1 by 1 *server was fresh installed to*

6 minutes ago, Zousug said:

ok so the maps that caused errors is Bedford and raven creek. loading these 2 first before my map fixes it

At least changing the load order was an easy fix. I was worried you'd have to end up moving your map to a different area to avoid the conflict.

45 minutes ago, chromarict said:

At least changing the load order was an easy fix. I was worried you'd have to end up moving your map to a different area to avoid the conflict.

well i picked the location i did cause no mods we have effected that area...

I dont know what could be causing the conflict though.. any ideas what would be causing it?

I added a note of confirmed working maps it works with and these two need to load first but.. still would like to work it out lol

24 minutes ago, Zousug said:

well i picked the location i did cause no mods we have effected that area...

I dont know what could be causing the conflict though.. any ideas what would be causing it?

I added a note of confirmed working maps it works with and these two need to load first but.. still would like to work it out lol

I just had a thought, actually. I think you mentioned earlier you don't have a custom spawn point, but you did generate a spawnpoints.lua file and had spawnregions.lua set up. Since your spawnpoints.lua has no spawn points, the spawn region file basically does nothing. So maybe that's causing problems when it loads the spawn points or regions for Raven Creek and Bedford Falls and it realizes your map has added a null spawn point/region to the list and then it crashes trying to add the other mod's data.

Try removing your spawnpoints.lua and spawnregions.lua and see if you can load your map before the ones that were making it crash.

1 minute ago, chromarict said:

I just had a thought, actually. I think you mentioned earlier you don't have a custom spawn point, but you did generate a spawnpoints.lua file and had spawnregions.lua set up. Since your spawnpoints.lua has no spawn points, the spawn region file basically does nothing. So maybe that's causing problems when it loads the spawn points or regions for Raven Creek and Bedford Falls and it realizes your map has added a null spawn point/region to the list and then it crashes trying to add the other mod's data.

Try removing your spawnpoints.lua and spawnregions.lua and see if you can load your map before the ones that were making it crash.

hehe was one of the first things i tried was removing these files to see if it fixed it.. this was before i knew it was a conflict.. i then tried putting it back with an actual spawn point and still didnt work.. so yeah i really dont know what could be causing the conflict with these two maps.. im going to be looking at their spawnpoints and spawnregions.lua files later when home see if there is something in them that could be doing it..

i left the spawnpoints.lua there and empty in mine and left the spawnregions.lua with just the vanilla spawns so as to keep the option of where ppl wanna spawn in vanllia locations showing *to be safe*

honestly knowing its a conflict *which i started to think was likely* and knowing which ones are causing it is only step 1.. but i dont even know where to begin in trying to work out what would be causing the conflicting...

do you think its most likely spawn stuff somehow or could it be something else?

Just taken a look at your map mod on steam and I have no load order errors, only error that occurs is if I try to use your map as a spawn location, it then errors out and closes to dekstop, looking at your spawnpoints.lua its blank, if you dont want it to be a spawn option just remove your spawnpoints.lua.

2 minutes ago, RingoD123 said:

Just taken a look at your map mod on steam and I have no load order errors, only error that occurs is if I try to use your map as a spawn location, it then errors out and closes to dekstop, looking at your spawnpoints.lua its blank, if you dont want it to be a spawn option just remove your spawnpoints.lua.

Thanks, Ill remove it now, the crash we got was even picking Muldraugh as the spawn location but Ill remove the file now to be safe..

did you check it with the 2 maps we found as conflicting? *load bedford or raven creek after my map and it does the error*

1 minute ago, Zousug said:

Thanks, Ill remove it now, the crash we got was even picking Muldraugh as the spawn location but Ill remove the file now to be safe..

did you check it with the 2 maps we found as conflicting? *load bedford or raven creek after my map and it does the error*

Havnt tried with raven but have tried with bedford, both before and after yours and it works fine as long as you dont try and use your map as the spawn location.

3 minutes ago, RingoD123 said:

Havnt tried with raven but have tried with bedford, both before and after yours and it works fine as long as you dont try and use your map as the spawn location.

hmm interesting.. i updated workshop so as not to have spawnlocation.lua now any way..

odd i never picked it as a spawn but.. hopfully that fixes it

thank you so much

18 hours ago, chromarict said:

I want to thank you once more for all your help along the way.. I really appreciate it.. I wouldnt have gotten any of this as quick as i did if you had not helped..

Thank you so much

On 1/12/2022 at 2:40 PM, chromarict said:

You're welcome! Hopefully the rest of your modding will go a lot more smoothly. :D

So far so good :P

I do have one question, at gas stations there are those containers that tell you how much gas is available in the station..

do you know how to add that option to a custom location? is it just putting the container down or is there more involved to it?

1 hour ago, Zousug said:

So far so good :P

I do have one question, at gas stations there are those containers that tell you how much gas is available in the station..

do you know how to add that option to a custom location? is it just putting the container down or is there more involved to it?

Do you mean the gas pumps or like actual storage tanks? For the pumps, you can find them under Location - Shop - Fossoil and Location - Shop - Gas2Go in Iso mode. For the tanks, there are some large multi-part storage tanks in the industry_02 tileset you can manually assemble in Tile mode, but I'm not sure if those are what you're looking for or whether they'll automatically act as gas storage.

46 minutes ago, chromarict said:

Do you mean the gas pumps or like actual storage tanks? For the pumps, you can find them under Location - Shop - Fossoil and Location - Shop - Gas2Go in Iso mode. For the tanks, there are some large multi-part storage tanks in the industry_02 tileset you can manually assemble in Tile mode, but I'm not sure if those are what you're looking for or whether they'll automatically act as gas storage.

I have a gas pump on my map *gives fuel etc* but no way to get info on how much fuel is left..

at a normal gas station there is a massive container *the multi part you were talking about* where you can right click on it and it will tell you how much gas is in the station..

Is there away to get the right click part to work else where?

like.. is it just adding the multi part container in and thats it or?

49 minutes ago, Zousug said:

I have a gas pump on my map *gives fuel etc* but no way to get info on how much fuel is left..

at a normal gas station there is a massive container *the multi part you were talking about* where you can right click on it and it will tell you how much gas is in the station..

Is there away to get the right click part to work else where?

like.. is it just adding the multi part container in and thats it or?

I actually had no idea that was a feature on the big tanks. I  don't think I've ever bothered trying to right-click one in-game before. :lol:

It might just automatically work if you place the big tank tiles as a group then, since some other special tiles seem to just work as expected when you place them in BuildingEd without extra setup.

1 hour ago, chromarict said:

I actually had no idea that was a feature on the big tanks. I  don't think I've ever bothered trying to right-click one in-game before. :lol:

It might just automatically work if you place the big tank tiles as a group then, since some other special tiles seem to just work as expected when you place them in BuildingEd without extra setup.

lol yeah i never did either a player on our server told me about it.

Ill try it thanks haha

15 hours ago, chromarict said:

ok so i added it in and loaded in to test.. didnt work.. went to visit multiple gas stations in sp *all vanilla except for my map* and turns out that its not vanilla.. looks like it was one of the mods we were testing and decided not to use doing it..

i so thought it was vanilla though hahaha oh well :P sorry

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...