Multiplayer Gamemode - Genocide

Cerberus01

I was playing PZ for the first time today, and whilst I was wondering around aimlessly from house to house I was thinking about how fun a multiplayer would be (I'm always a fan of multiplayer zombie games, of the opinion that the zombie genre is practically made for teamwork), and thought it would be interesting to have a multiplayer game mode in which the objective is to eliminate all 3566-ish zombies that would be roaming around Muldraugh, or something to that effect.

I'm not sure how the zombie populations are distributed by the code, so don't know how feasible it would be (also 3,500 kills would take a while for a handful of people), but wanted to know how other people felt on the idea, or any extrapolations of the concept.

As Fj45 said it doesn't fit the game in a realistic way. The devs have confirmed that there is no end game. The only way the game will be "finished" is when you die. Also the nearby city has a population of over a million so you'd see some of those wander to Muldraugh too. Even in West Point theres at least 4000 residents more, so I don't think it would be viable to have them all killed.

As Fj45 said it doesn't fit the game in a realistic way. The devs have confirmed that there is no end game. The only way the game will be "finished" is when you die. Also the nearby city has a population of over a million so you'd see some of those wander to Muldraugh too. Even in West Point theres at least 4000 residents more, so I don't think it would be viable to have them all killed.

The battle of Yonkers is a good showcase of this.

Would still be a nice gamemode, having a counter ticking off the combined group kills. If only for bragging rights: We should have killed this town. We've piled the corpses over there. Now Mr NPC, can you let us into your compound? :P

If we got LUA modding abilities, maybe a Garry Mod style way of editing will be made so players can program their own gamemodes?

Would still be a nice gamemode, having a counter ticking off the combined group kills. If only for bragging rights: We should have killed this town. We've piled the corpses over there. Now Mr NPC, can you let us into your compound? :P

If we got LUA modding abilities, maybe a Garry Mod style way of editing will be made so players can program their own gamemodes?

That would be great, a mix of the map editor and creative mode.

That would be great, a mix of the map editor and creative mode.

I agree that would be fun. And I suppose I should have been more clear the idea wasn't so much for a 'storyline' sort of playing as it was just a fun thing to do with friends. But a method by which you and your buddies could create game modes just for the lulz would be awesome!

I don't really see your point, that wouldn't change how people play survival, it would allow people to make interesting challenges, game modes and it would be perfect to test mods/bugs.

I imagine when multiplayer does come around this sort of thing will be unavoidable, a budding modder will probably create timer based/round based games. Again, look at Garry's Mod.

Besides Rathlord a bit of diversity in the game is always nice :D

Nothing wrong with diversity, but even with Last Stand you're still faced with the same basic ending- you will lose, and you will die. I don't see any value in using dev time on anything that doesn't fit with their own given goals for the game.

Like I said, though, this would make a neat mod and far be it from me to judge what mods people make. I'd be all for it.

Nothing wrong with diversity, but even with Last Stand you're still faced with the same basic ending- you will lose, and you will die. I don't see any value in using dev time on anything that doesn't fit with their own given goals for the game.

Like I said, though, this would make a neat mod and far be it from me to judge what mods people make. I'd be all for it.

Still could end with death, doesn't have to give as much freedom as Garys Mod.

Woops, here I was thinking this was posted in modding suggestions. I don't think devs should spend time on this idea either, I'm just saying that as long as they provide some modding ability to multiplayer, what's to stop people/server owners making the gamemode themselves.

Still cold end with death, doesn't have to give as much freedom as Grays Mod.

Almost all games could end in death/failure, the driving factor of PZ is that it does.

Sorry, should have said would.

But if it would end in failure, what differentiates it from the current game mod?

Maybe someone builds a game mode where you have a safehouse and have to go across town to get medical supplies, once you return a massive hoard attacks and you die. Kind of like a last stand 2.0.

Giving the community more tools is always good. You could easily argue that sandbox doesn't fit PZ at all.