Hosting Dedicated Server with IPV6 Problem / Port Filtering / Port Forwarding

M66BiG

Question

Hello everyone,

I've got some Problems setting up a Dedicated Server in Project Zomboid.
The Problem is located in the Place where i need to set up the Port Forwarding
My Internet Provider (Unitymedia (DE) (Vodafone)) provides me Internet in Form of IPv6. Since i am using Ipv6 I cant Port forward and in that case i cant Host the Dedicated Server / People or neither me can Join the Server.

I only have the Option of IPv6 Port Filtering, but this does not Change a thing. I know for sure that i didnt fail the Setup for the Server. I am stuck for now at that Point.

Just need the Answer if it is even Possible for me to Host a Server and If not just tell me rightaway please. I searched for so long in the Internet but didnt find a Answer on it.

If i didnt state enough Information, just ask under this Post. 

Sincerly M66BiG

PS: Wishing you all good Holydays :lol:

4 answers to this question

Unitymedia uses something called Dual-Stack Lite. That means you get a globally routable IPv6 subnet (usually /64) and will connect via IPv4 over a carrier-grade NAT service they host. I don't think Project Zomboid has IPv6-support, so your only option is to get your hands on a public IPv4 address somehow. There are some services on the internet that will give you an IPv4 address over a tunnel. Alternatively, you could get yourself a cheap VPS that comes with an IPv4 address and set up the tunneling yourself.

Thank you for your Answer.

I'm trying to solve it with this reddit Post. For now i still couldnt manage to do it. But i am sure if i have a friend next to me, who understands more, i will resolve it. If not i will Reply here.

Sincerly

Archived