What do you call them?

tumoa

Zombies or Walkers?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call them?

• They are zombies end of story!
    • Walkers, crawlers or bitters
    • something else. (what is it tell in thr comments)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUN FACT

The Return of the Living Dead series were the only movies to feature brain eating zombies.... In fact the whole modern pop culture definition of zombies (crawling out of the grave, shambling around & crying "brains") seems to be a bitser based LOOSELY on the zombies from that horror/comedy franchise.... each to their own though :)

I love the first Return. It's probably the only one of them that I like, but it's so good it makes up for its whole extended family.

Sometimes, I like to call them mashed potatoes.

Reason is because they're so stupid and slow, you'd think they'd have potatoes instead of brains.

But no, they're even too stupid for potatoes - So it's mashed potatoes instead of their brains. 

And when I'm actually normal, I just call them Zombies, Zahmbies, Brainless's and The Challenged.

I think Zeds came into my mind with the recent spate of RTS Zombie games.  I like TWD's Walkers, but that may be because of the whole way they are introduced.. sans the title.  I use different terms depending on the narative I am using (unless running a RPG, where I may give them a new name).  I my last Hero System game, a player gave them the name "Moaners" and it stuck for the campaign, even though as a Storyteller I had monikered them as "Runners, Walkers, Shufflers and Crawlers".

Ricky: What the hell is that?

Samantha: Sounds like that hoe from room 4C,carring on when her man was in town.

Joshua: (Giggles softly)

Ricky: WTF Over?!

Joshua: Or when her man was out of town!

Samantha: Oh, right! (joined in the giggle)

Shuffler outside hearing the noise lets up a louder moan.  All the players bust up laughing.  Another Shuffler joins in with a louder moan, players can't stop laughing.   They ready their mish-mash of weapons and toss a rigged fire alarm out the window.  Zeds make a huge racket heading toward the Alarm and the players slips out the back door, supressing laughs with tears streaming down their eyes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...