What do you call them?

tumoa

Zombies or Walkers?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call them?

• They are zombies end of story!
    • Walkers, crawlers or bitters
    • something else. (what is it tell in thr comments)

hi i'm new here and i bought a game two days ago. it really fun and i have high hopes for a game. I used a search but didn't find anything that related to the topic.

anyway as title says what do you call them. do you call them walkers? or do you just call them zombies?

i call them usually walkers and crawlers i usually rp a game and wanna respect their death. calling them zombies is just mean.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun Fact

Romero never used the word "Zombie" in Night of the Living Dead (1968).... They were only referred to generally as "those things" or "Ghouls" in the later news broadcasts

His characters were always creative in skirting the word zombie. Even in his later, arguably less spectacular films. I know it's blasphemy to some degree, but I have to admit that I'm not a fan of anything after Day of the Dead. Land and Diary were such disappointments. The whole thinking zombie thing just totally negates everything I love about zombies, and I don't think my dislike for Diary requires justification.

Land had the potential to be so great too. The first like 45 minutes is great. It's really not until the zeds start problem solving that I checked out.

His characters were always creative in skirting the word zombie. Even in his later, arguably less spectacular films. I know it's blasphemy to some degree, but I have to admit that I'm not a fan of anything after Day of the Dead. Land and Diary were such disappointments. The whole thinking zombie thing just totally negates everything I love about zombies, and I don't think my dislike for Diary requires justification.

In Night of the Living Dead they actually weren't called zombies, but yes in rest of his movies they were creative in avoiding the word. Even If you did like thinking zombies there's one thing about Land of the Dead that no-one can overlook.... Simon Baker.... Eeeew :wacko:

now in my favorite zombie movie,

"Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Crawling, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D"  The makers of this parody of "Night of the Living Dead" took George Romero's classic and wiped the soundtrack clean, then redubbed it with comedic dialogue.

they had an entirely different word for zombies, one that perhaps a British person would use to ask for a cigarette. and many of them were constipated.

Zombies. The thing was with the likes of TWD where the names differ from zombies was just due to the fact TWD doesn't want to acknowledge the zombies of before. Something I find rather annoying, since of just how much our society is surrounded by these beliefs of zombies.

FUN FACT

The Return of the Living Dead series were the only movies to feature brain eating zombies.... In fact the whole modern pop culture definition of zombies (crawling out of the grave, shambling around & crying "brains") seems to be a bitser based LOOSELY on the zombies from that horror/comedy franchise.... each to their own though :)