[Build 41.65] Admin Panel not appearing

Fuzzy Wolfy

For clarity:

• Version? 41.65
• Singleplayer/Multiplayer? Multiplayer.
• Host or dedicated? Host.
• Mods? None.

Like the title says, this is a fairly straightforward issue and one that I've seen a few solutions for, but none have worked so far.

When I Host a server (non-dedicated), I set my access level to admin (/setaccesslevel "name" admin) and the red "Admin" tag appears to the left of my name, so I know that this part works as intended.

Additionally, though I haven't seen anyone mention this, at the top-left of my screen, a bunch of text appears lightly mushed together:

image.png.1bc31555406cde667ebfd462629d59ae.png

So, all in all, these signs tell me that my issue isn't with my access level or that I haven't properly enabled Admin. Even still, when I check the Esc menu, I don't see "Admin Panel" or anything of the sort—no new options appear beyond the usual:

image.png.e64b53af707aa734a0868b65bd59d31d.png

Manually written commands still work (e.g.: /noclip) but I otherwise can't access any of the Admin UI or other tools to help moderate a server.

Is there any reason for this?

I've tried:

• Turning Debug Mode on and off.
  • Enabling and disabling my access level.
  • Relaunching the server.
  • Relaunching the game.
  • Changing my resolution.

12 hours ago, R.Gorgonzola said:

I'm having a similar problem, but I don't even get the Admin tag or all of those messages in the top left of my screen. 

When Hosting a multiplayer server, open up chat and type:

/setaccesslevel "name" admin

With your name between the quotation marks—there may also be a problem if your name uses unusual characters.

I am also having the issue where nothing happens when i use the command ive tried 100 different ways, ive changed my steam name ive tried my original account name, ive restarted made new servers all of it and still nothing just says "your accesslevel is now: admin" and nothing happens it says this when I type in any name aswell

The admin panel for "Esc" is the "Players" menu

The Panel Is not in the "Esc" menu. Rather after Typing the command "/Setaccesslevel name admin" in game, if you look to the left of your screen you'll see an extra Icon. Right underneath "Client" there is an Icon for "Admin"

Edited by Doopa
Typo

20 hours ago, Doopa said:

The admin panel for "Esc" is the "Players" menu

The Panel Is not in the "Esc" menu. Rather after Typing the command "/Setaccesslevel name admin" in game, if you look to the left of your screen you'll see an extra Icon. Right underneath "Client" there is an Icon for "Admin"

I'm aware that you can do a limited set of things from the Player menu, like mute, godmode, or make players invisible, but it's lacking the proper admin panel options. Also, so I've been told, but it wasn't appearing, even when I launch in debug.

Somehow, though, reinstalling the game seemed to have fixed the issue, and I can't really think of why - now I can see both the Client and Admin icons.

Thanks for the help, regardless.