Estimation On When PZ Will Leave Early Access

Dean98

Hello,

I recently discovered Project Zomboid and really like the look of the gameplay etc, especially when I'm not really into zombie survival games.

Unfortunately though - as I find with a lot of games I discover - it's an early access game. I learned quite some time ago to avoid early access games, more importantly not paying money for something that more than likely will never ever leave early access and will be in a perpetually slow drip fed development cycle. And if they do get fully released the majority of them are not fit to be called that with the major issues they still have that are never addressed - ingame item shops, vanity items and more features/bugs are important it seems to gaming now.

Bottom line as the title reads, is there an any estimation on when this game will leave early access?

Cheers

Unfortunately no, we can't really give an estimate on when it would.

The last big main promised feature to consider the game '1.0'  to enter the game is NPCs, which as stated will be talked about more once Build 41 is out (which it now is) after the new year.

Build 41 is the longest and most substantial update PZ has ever had, and it took a long time to get there. It's very unlikely that subsequent builds will take nearly as long, as major parts of the game aren't being redone from the ground up. The best option is just adding it to your wishlist or following it on Steam or our blogs on projectzomboid.com every Thursday to keep up-to-date with what's going on.

PZ has a ton of depth and features, is constantly being updated, and will soon get the biggest public update its had in years. The game, while officially in "early access", might as well be a full released game at this point with the amount of content,  playability, and polish that it currently has. 

While PZ has been in early access forever and will probably stay that way for several more years it has a lot more content than most finished games. The game is not so much in "early access" as it is "still being worked on". What other games would call DLC this game call updates. 

I am a lot like you concerning early access games but PZ is not really in this category. It is a finished game that is still being polished and will be for the foreseeable future. They could release this game today and call it a finished product. They just don't and keep making it better (albeit at a very slow pace) year after year.

There is a lot of reasons why PZ might not be your thing but the game being in early access is not one, trust me.

PZ starts the development race slow and steady rather than fast and flop, I honestly think in the next 3 years it will finally leave early access. If im correct the next update is about hunting which I don't think will take them much time to implement? maybe a few months or half a year, then the big update, NPC's I think once npcs are in the game zomboid will finally have its wings.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived