New animations for vehicles

Não é o Gui

Hello Indie and hello everyone I came here again to ask you guys to add some animations to vehicles like for example the door opens when the character enters, breaks the glass when the window goes down to have the slow down animation and it just doesn't disappears, has the animation of opening the trunk and leaving it open. These animations are simple but they make a difference both in MP and SP it would be much more detailed and the game much more realistic this is just one more suggestion I give and once again thank you very much.

Edited by Não é o Gui

• Não é o Gui changed the title to New animations for vehicles
On 12/24/2021 at 2:34 PM, martingee said:

Animations for vehicles and the character interacting with vehicles will happen. We have, I think, around 13-14 base vehicles in game which will need animations doing for all of them and some tweaks to the anim code for them to work. I'm not really sure when these will get done.

will this include characters visible and animated inside the vehicles?

On 12/26/2021 at 3:54 AM, ronfino said:

will this include characters visible and animated inside the vehicles?

This is the plan and whilst I'm not a programmer, I can't foresee any major problems with this other than creating the assets and implementing them code side. A mod currently uses the "character visible flag" when in/on vehicle to display the character on their motorcycle mod.

In order to animate the doors etc, I'll have to separate out the geometry, add thickness to the windows etc. so the tri count will go up by default. The 'resolution' of the vehicles won't change much, they're going to stay visually pretty much as they are.

32 minutes ago, martingee said:

In order to animate the doors etc, I'll have to separate out the geometry, add thickness to the windows etc. so the tri count will go up by default. The 'resolution' of the vehicles won't change much, they're going to stay visually pretty much as they are.

I see, thank you for your answer. I'll admit its a bit sad that car models wont get much change on their overall body shape.

Edited by Toshis