Latest TileZed and WorldEd (December 21 2021)

EasyPickins

Tiles

Tileset images

For Windows

TileZed + WorldEd 32-bit

TileZed + WorldEd 64-bit

For Linux

TileZed + WorldEd 64-bit

This was built on Ubuntu 20 and won't work with older versions of glibc.

If WorldEd is crashing when opening cells, try turning off the "Use hardware-accelerated drawing (OpenGL)" option.

The tilesets will be updated in the new year. There are some new tiles we haven't used yet and didn't want modders using them before us.

Changes:

• Rectangular objects may be resized by dragging any edge.  Select the object, then drag an edge.
  • Fixed a crash in WorldEd when a cell has objects in level 8 or higher.  It isn't possible to put objects into level 8 or higher, but was possible in  older versions of WorldEd.

How will the future version with angled road tiles handle them? Is it all done via blends or do you have a special Lua tool to draw them?

I've been reading through the existing Lua tools to try and figure out how to make my own, and I have a question. Is the Lua you use in TileZed/Lua related to the lua plugin TileZed/plugins/tiled/lua.dll ?
I ask because I am confused reading the docs for Tiled which talk about javascript & python APIs but only mention LUA as an export format. And the "Lua Scripting in TileZed " doc hints that this might be some custom thing.

If it is in house, could I request that you expose access to objects. I want to try re-implementing my old python script for creating the dirt patterns inside farm plots, and it would be nice if there was a way to specify the shape of the plot with a polygon before commiting changes to tiles.

1. Please make possibility to move of ceil ( tmx/bmp ) to empty place on grid or change each other with other ceil  in WorldEd.
2. Please make possibility to add new ceil in top and left of grid ( when you need to add in top of grid ceil you need move all ceils down to one ceil - it's very wasting time )
3. Please add more tiles to BuildEd by default ( In current time I need to add some default  tiles (fences, railings etc.) using menu -> edit tileset etc. )
4. Please add possibility when you put some object on the grass in TileZed the vegetation will be remove ( from vegetation level ) automatically.

These things will do life of map modders easier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. I am new to PZ modding and just started to play around with creating items, recipes, extending the carpentry menu with further objects that my character can build, etc. Now i want to create a map and populate it with my new stuff. I am following this tutorial: 

I have the base and vegetation images, i am able to drag and drop it to the WorldEd window but a have issues when i want to export it to TMX format.

When I open the BMP To TMX window i have to configure the output directory and setup Rules.txt, Blends.txt and MapBaseXML.txt files. I am using the linux build of the tools, so i have set the Rules, Blends, and MapBase configs to point the ones i have found under the "TileZed/share/tilezed/config/" directory. But when i click to the OK button the following error message appears every time:

A tile listed in Rules.txt could not be found.

The missing tile is called 'blends_natural_01_080'.

Please fix the invalid tile index or add the tileset

if it is missing using the Tilesets dialog in TileZed.

(while reading Rules.txt)

I am sure that i am using the Tiles that i downloaded from the link above. Just for curiosity i have replaced the Rules and Blends txt files with the ones that i have found in the win64 version build that i have downloaded from the link above and with them the export went well without issues. Because i have no idea what those files are for i want to ask that is it safe to use the windows version of those configurations with the linux version? Or the config shipped with the linux build supposed to be fine and i have chosen them from a wrong directory?

3 hours ago, akosgarai said:

Hello. I am new to PZ modding and just started to play around with creating items, recipes, extending the carpentry menu with further objects that my character can build, etc. Now i want to create a map and populate it with my new stuff. I am following this tutorial: 

I have the base and vegetation images, i am able to drag and drop it to the WorldEd window but a have issues when i want to export it to TMX format.

When I open the BMP To TMX window i have to configure the output directory and setup Rules.txt, Blends.txt and MapBaseXML.txt files. I am using the linux build of the tools, so i have set the Rules, Blends, and MapBase configs to point the ones i have found under the "TileZed/share/tilezed/config/" directory. But when i click to the OK button the following error message appears every time:

A tile listed in Rules.txt could not be found.

The missing tile is called 'blends_natural_01_080'.

Please fix the invalid tile index or add the tileset

if it is missing using the Tilesets dialog in TileZed.

(while reading Rules.txt)

I am sure that i am using the Tiles that i downloaded from the link above. Just for curiosity i have replaced the Rules and Blends txt files with the ones that i have found in the win64 version build that i have downloaded from the link above and with them the export went well without issues. Because i have no idea what those files are for i want to ask that is it safe to use the windows version of those configurations with the linux version? Or the config shipped with the linux build supposed to be fine and i have chosen them from a wrong directory?

Yes it should be fine, there is an error in the Linux versions rules.txt and blends.txt which was fixed in the windows version.

12 hours ago, RingoD123 said:

Yes it should be fine, there is an error in the Linux versions rules.txt and blends.txt which was fixed in the windows version.

Thank you for the feedback. I will continue with using the win64 rules and blends config files.

Edited by akosgarai
delete unnecessary text from the end of the sentence

• 3 weeks later...
  • nasKo unpinned this topic