[41.65] [Multiplayer] Duplication Exploit

Russki

• Multiplayer.
	• Dedicated
	• No.
	• Reproduction steps:
         1. Place any container similar to a flight case, gun case or plastic bag on the floor using the place item button.
         2. Put in anything you want duped. Items that turn into other items (such as nails which can be opened and boxed up again and ammo with the same) work the best. Weapons or items do also duplicate, but once combined with each other turn into one again. This allows for many players to have copies of one item, as long as it doesnt combine back again.
         3. Log out and log in to the server. 4. Take the item out of the container, if its items that can turn into other items, for example ammo, it can be unboxed, then reboxed, which makes it into a brand new item and can be now combined with the original item, doubling the amount of items. 5.Log out and log in again. The items you took out should now respawn back in the container, with the duplicates in your inventory.        This can be repeated as much as you want, which can end up with hundreds of rounds of ammo or amounts of useful ites such as nails.    Please fix IndieStone.

I can say that it works even easier. Just drop any bag with items in your safehouse area, take what you want, then go back after some time (~30 minutes irl) and items in the bag will be the same. It let's you to duplicated ANY item :/

Reach me out for any help with this, I can provide logs or admin contacts of server we are playing at 

On 12/23/2021 at 9:41 PM, skybsky said:

I can say that it works even easier. Just drop any bag with items in your safehouse area, take what you want, then go back after some time (~30 minutes irl) and items in the bag will be the same. It let's you to duplicated ANY item :/

Reach me out for any help with this, I can provide logs or admin contacts of server we are playing at 

You don't need to wait actually. As long as you leave the chunk the container is in, or sign out, the container is reset. 

This bug DRIVES ME INSANE!!! I love this game, it's the best zombie game I've ever played and that includes Left4Dead.

But I have SEVERE A.D.H.D and this Duplication glitch makes it impossible for me to trust what I do, and don't own! I load my dresser with clothing... and it's all gone in 30 minutes and now I'm naked. But I am drowning in "fake bullets" and so many copies of my shotgun I can't even pick up my backpack! Because it's holding 38 out of 28 kilos worth of the same darn gun!

Help! Please! It's painful! I just want to decorate my cute safehouse!

same here, but can happen with existing containers too

i got a unlimited Pancake in an oven which i can cook everytime new and unlimited ammunation in an already existing shelf.
Leaving Chunk or Reconnecting are the ways to duplicate.

To Confirm the already written posts

Edited by DaNeo

+1 To this. Please please please. You have transactionid's  in the database expand upon this system,  please. We NEED this for multiplayer large scale. Our moderators are running left and right all day. I am at the point where i have written custom lua moderate this bug in our community.

• 4 weeks later...