Steam Release - 16th Feb 2014 - Build 23

RobertJohnson

Few notes:

- wasn't there supposed to be moving zombie bodies in that build?

- how about destroying toilet, wardrobe, door frame and such with hammer?

- why ALL windows are now closed upon loading (isn't visibility retained between save-load like position that is fine)?

- still can't remove old potato plant after harvesting (mostly visual problem as still can plant on that spot)

So if someone here would kindly Answer my question. How Does this mac user Get build 23. cus steam ain't updating shit, an i see no download link.  Detailed installation would be nice

The hint is in the thread title, and the title of another thread on the same subforum. You need to connect the dots.

so it's simply a test for selected people eh 

It's open to everyone, the password is hidden within the message :P It's to make sure you know this branch is more vulnerable to bugs than others.

PS : not that hidden !

Forgot about:

- rain not affecting player standing on wooden floor

- information on a plant is not shown the first time I click on it, after loading the game (have to RMB->information again in order to show the window with plant stats)

Just to be clear- you mean the latest as in 10.9 Mavericks, right?

Yes, but I also have all kinds of Java crap installed, like... java 1.6, 7, 8 beta, etc. We were trying to solve the Java 7 problem for weeks in the past (if you remember), attempting to force PZ use that instead of 1.6, but it always ended up using Java 6 and when I removed Java 6, it didn't launch with 7.

Doesn't work with the above changes.

Java 7 is now packaged with the game, so it shouldn't matter what's on your computer. I now have no godly idea what's going on. Will pursue and see what I can find out.

Just to be sure, can you manually delete all of the PZ stuff from your computer? The stuff in the Steam folders and the /username/Zomboid/ folder?

Few notes:

- why ALL windows are now closed upon loading (isn't visibility retained between save-load like position that is fine)?

- still can't remove old potato plant after harvesting (mostly visual problem as still can plant on that spot)

I think the moving bodies was in multiplayer only.

Not sure what you mean by the windows being closed.  I opened 3 windows, saved the game and restarted and they were still open.

Few notes:

I think the moving bodies was in multiplayer only.

Not sure what you mean by the windows being closed.  I opened 3 windows, saved the game and restarted and they were still open.

Not for me. What I did is that I had inventory, health and information about a plant open. I hit the Exit button. Then relaunched the game and loaded the save and none of the windows were open (with build 21 at least inventory was folded at top). Also as mentioned later on upon reload I have to hit information on plant twice in order to show the window.

I do play fs 1920x1080 if that matters.

Hello, sorry if it was already mentioned, but I found two bugs (looks like it, in any case) :

- I can't modify beard type/body type when creating a new character

- ovens seem to not work with all ingredients (it works with TV dinner, but not with beans eg.)

But besides that, the game is perfectly stable !

Some additional tests:

- I've changed resolution to recommended (1280x720) and switched to WM, restarted game and upon loading I noticed:

* spiffo survival window was on (I totally forgot I haven't seen it ever since I got an upgrade to 23)

* like in 21 only inventory is opened

* other window locations aren't saved and open at around centre (tested 2 with moving them around)

- reverted back to fs with the same resolution:

* no spiffo or any other window visible

* location of windows was stored from my last move in WM

- reverted back to 1920 in fs:

* location of windows was stored from original 1920 resolution

I guess the common factor here is the FS, so it seams it's something I'd have to live with until the whole thing moves to a better programming language ;/

EDIT logs excerpt:

loot all visible

context menu created
context menu initialised
context menu added
layout: register window charinfowindow
layout: resolution=1280x720
layout: window=loot0
layout: window=inventory0
layout: window=survivalguide
layout: window=charinfowindow
layout: window=farming
layout: resolution=1920x1080
layout: resolution=1280x723
layout: looking for charinfowindow at 1920x1080
layout: looking at resolution 1280x723
layout: looking at resolution 1920x1080
layout: looking at 5 possible windows
layout: looking at window loot0
layout: looking at window inventory0
layout: looking at window survivalguide
layout: looking at window charinfowindow
layout: restoring visible=false name=charinfowindow y=0 tabs=info,skills,health x=59 
layout: final geom x,y,width,height=59,0,420,250
layout: register window inventory0
layout: looking for inventory0 at 1920x1080
layout: looking at window inventory0
layout: restoring height=360 visible=false pin=false width=480 name=inventory0 y=0 x=479 
layout: final geom x,y,width,height=479,0,480,360
layout: register window loot0
layout: looking for loot0 at 1920x1080
layout: restoring height=360 visible=false pin=false width=480 name=loot0 y=0 x=960 
layout: final geom x,y,width,height=960,0,480,360
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 0 texture D:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\zombiefont2_0.png

yes..... mac.... :/ Both EVE Online patch and Zomboid patch have not worked today which all directs me to one thing..... buy a PC. :)

Mac and gaming don't go together too well, there's a solution to it all though.

For instance, as a programmer/designer I need my mac, I can't live without it. So, I made a partition of about 100GB (out of my 500GB) with a Windows 7 on it, all my gaming happens over here :P

Some additional tests:

- I've changed resolution to recommended (1280x720) and switched to WM, restarted game and upon loading I noticed:

* spiffo survival window was on (I totally forgot I haven't seen it ever since I got an upgrade to 23)

* like in 21 only inventory is opened

* other window locations aren't saved and open at around centre (tested 2 with moving them around)

- reverted back to fs with the same resolution:

* location of windows was stored from my last move in WM

- reverted back to 1920 in fs:

* location of windows was stored from original 1920 resolution

:oops: :oops: :oops: Oh man, this is my bad.  When you go to the options screen, it hides all the in-game windows.  So of course when you exit and save the window visibility, they are all hidden.  I always play windowed mode so I can debug, and either click the X in the title bar or just terminate the game in the debugger (in which case it doesn't save the layout).

I almost left work early today because of this! ^_^ AND OMG IT WOULD HAVE SOOOOO BEEN WORTH IT!!! My 4770k used to lag in WP downtown even clocked in at 4.7ghz! Whereas now... It's smoother than cold OJ on a 12 pint hangover!!!! You guys are so awesome Indiestone! And just in time for the weekend too!! Now I need to figure out a nice way to tell my friends to fuck off :P hehe

It's building off the iwillbackupmysave beta branch, which is an opened beta. Read this and follow the instructions http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbms-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/

Done and done, already on my way to my favorite spot (the houses north-east of the trailer park) to start cleaning out the infestation and then plant a garden at the fenced in area north-east-east of the that.

Having fun imagining the 'whistle while you work' song from Disney's Snow White while I cave in skulls. Feeling lucky, the trailer I spawned in had a Baseball Bat and Golf Club. It was like a sign from God that I was destined to do terrible, terrible things.