Steam Release - 16th Feb 2014 - Build 23

RobertJohnson

you guys are freaking me out.

So i was sitting at my base just sawing some logs down to the south is a forest. Al of a sudden i hear trees ruffling. I figure well some zombies have found me and go to clear them out.I stand by the forest yelling at the trees i hear nothing.

Then run up to the tree line chop down a tree figuring they will come out, Nothing.

I then say fuck it and pull out my pistol a pop a round at the trees. Again no sound.

I then turn to leave and i hear the sound again. So i run into the forest looking for the damn thing. Still no zombie.

So later i'm running around area with no trees within 3 screens of me and i hear the tree ruffling sound again. I then Realize ITS IN THE DAM AMBIENT SOUND WHEN ITS WINDY!

Thanks for scaring the hell out of me. Its amazing how something so little can put a guy on the edge :)

Does anyone know how to disassemble player made floor tiles? 

While I was constructing some 2nd story connecting bridges between buildings, I got confused by the isometric and ended up building some floor tiles to what I thought was the edge of the building, but was actually its' third story edge, not second story, thus I have some goofed tiles just hovering the air which I'd like to remove.

I don't get any sort of disassemble action like I do with walls and fences.

Same goes for Sandbags. Any known method to take them apart to be used elsewhere?

Welcome to West point, population 1

Now w/ build 23 capable bridges and stairs.

ZDVlRdG.jpg

Looks awesome, great job!

But it must take you AGES to water all your plants... ;)

Please tell me something - are all roofs in PZ solid? Can you walk on them without falling through to the floor below?

Edited by rorschach

Welcome to West point, population 1

Now w/ build 23 capable bridges and stairs.

ZDVlRdG.jpg

Looks awesome, great job!

But it must take you AGES to water all your plants... ;)

Please tell me something - are all roofs in PZ solid? Can you walk on them without falling through to the floor below?

No they mostly are not solid. The ones that are you can normally access by a door. Like the large warehouse.

No they mostly are not solid. The ones that are you can normally access by a door. Like the large warehouse.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Anyone else always overheated in Survival or sandbox mode? Seems the only way to avoid overheating is playing without a shirt on..

Doesn't the game always start in the dead of summer? I say this because after a couple in game weeks my character usually doesn't overheat unless I have him wearing a sweater.

That said, my guy still overheats even during and after rainfall so that's a bit odd.

Anyone else always overheated in Survival or sandbox mode? Seems the only way to avoid overheating is playing without a shirt on..

I've been experiencing the same thing since this build was released. I haven't been wearing shirts at all because you start overheating almost immediately after putting them on. I could see it making realistic sense in terms of anything other than the wife-beaters, but those are pretty much like not wearing a shirt anyway as far as body temperature goes IRL. I wear them around the house in the summer constantly for that very reason.

It's because it's summer.. when its winter, you'll want the sweaters and other warm cloathes

But in winter, even with sweater you are getting col from something like 3am till round about 9am. Seems like something was changed with a weather in this build?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Crafting stairs bugs fixed. There was a field not being saved that caused crafted stairs to become blocked when trying to use them. There was also a bigger issue that put new grid squares into the wrong location, so when you went up the stairs there was no floor tile at the top and you ended up floating on z=1. The fix for that might break other stuff though. :shock:

Does this mean stairs are fine now? I can't find anywhere saying so.

• Crafting stairs bugs fixed. There was a field not being saved that caused crafted stairs to become blocked when trying to use them. There was also a bigger issue that put new grid squares into the wrong location, so when you went up the stairs there was no floor tile at the top and you ended up floating on z=1. The fix for that might break other stuff though. :shock:

Yep

Yep

I love you indie stone thank you im off to build my tower od doom WOOOOOOOOOO