Steam Release - 16th Feb 2014 - Build 23

RobertJohnson

Here's an update from my findings:

0) not fixed - windows are still hidden for me

1) not fixed - still see two remove options when wielding trowel and spade, spade is the one that is being used in any situation (unless trowel is in main slot)

2) not error at all - esc when main menu in option window

3) not fixed - multiple sawing shows only first progress in inventory

4) fixed - hovering over inventory items works ppm doesn't but that's kind of expected

5) not fixed - weight issue with bag in bag is still there

6) fixed - tasty soup inventory action name

7) not error at all - building crate on top of existing crate using 'r'

8) not fixed - still handled by both tile building and door closing (noticed similar behaviour with digging and [un]locking window pinning)

9) not fixed - potato still leaves the bush after harvest

10) not checked - since save's weren't converted (and #14 I had at hand)

11) not fixed - icon for kindling is still question mark

12) fixed? - first selects trowel and then digs, what's strange is that I have empty hands, issue digging and before picking trowel to main slot, there is a progress bar over character (nothing in inventory)

13) fixed? - digs with progress but even more noticeable additional progress bar before that action (only over character)

14) not fixed - now fungi are 189/100

15) not fixed - still has to go through the doorway

16) not fixed - as consequence of #8 and #15 still locks his own way and shuffles

17) not fixed - still does some action (but doesn't "consume" the sheet)

Loaded the game and opened health, inventory and plant information, exit, load again and now inventory was open (no health and plant tho - by design?)

Character info window not showing on startup - FIXED (will remember the current tab now)

Plant info window doesn't exist until it is first shown, so that is by design.

1) 2 "Remove" options with shovel and trowel - FIXED

12) & 13) Mystery progress bar before digging starts - FIXED

That's what you say  <_<

Anyway's that game me an idea - I've separated tabs and after reload only information was gone. Both skill and health were visible  ;)

Also all of them were on the right place - just where I left them.

BTW is there a way to get them together again?

Since performance was part of the update, I'll just report that I'm still getting freezes of 2 - 3 seconds once in a while. I assume you'll ask for specs, so here it is:

4 core CPU 2.8 Ghrz

8GB DDR3 Memory

GeForce 450 GTS Gfx card

FYI I've changed the batch file to use min 1024 and max 4096 memory instead of the default min1024/max1024. Multi-threading is turned on.

Edit: I'm still on the recommended setting from before the release, locked at 30FPS, 800x600 res, low lighting, latest GeForce driver.

Books were consumed when fastest time setting was in effect when book was finished. Cooking for Beginners was not consumed as normal time was returned to before completing the book. Something to do with the fastest setting and reading seems to not like the idea of characters learning how to not die.

-Consumed-

Carpentry for Intermediate

Farming for Beginners

-Not Consumed-

Cooking for Beginners

Hm. Kind of disappointed to see that the black screen bug is still there, especially as it has been an issue for... how long now? 3, 4, 5 months? I don't remember the last time I could play the game without being in safe mode.

Here's hoping the bug where food never cooks is finally fixed, too.

That's what you say  <_<

Anyway's that game me an idea - I've separated tabs and after reload only information was gone. Both skill and health were visible  ;)

Also all of them were on the right place - just where I left them.

BTW is there a way to get them together again?

Back when that was more of a feature (breaking out individual tabs), you could just drag them back over the Character panel and they'd rejoin the group. No guarantees, though.

Hm. Kind of disappointed to see that the black screen bug is still there, especially as it has been an issue for... how long now? 3, 4, 5 months? I don't remember the last time I could play the game without being in safe mode.

Safemode is the fix -- one day it'll be an internal fix so that you don't have to enter the "-safemode" flag or run the game from a bat (note the ProjectZomboid32.bat has forgotten the face of its -safemode and will have to be manually altered; you can also add it as a as a launch parameter on Steam through Library -> [Right Click] Project Zomboid -> Properties).

Since performance was part of the update, I'll just report that I'm still getting freezes of 2 - 3 seconds once in a while. I assume you'll ask for specs, so here it is:

4 core CPU 2.8 Ghrz

8GB DDR3 Memory

GeForce 450 GTS Gfx card

FYI I've changed the batch file to use min 1024 and max 4096 memory instead of the default min1024/max1024. Multi-threading is turned on.

Edit: I'm still on the recommended setting from before the release, locked at 30FPS, 800x600 res, low lighting, latest GeForce driver.

Are you actually playing in the IWBMS branch, the beta, or none in Steam Library -> [Right Click] Project Zomboid -> Properties -> [betas] tab? I know someone who thought this was fixed that'll be very sad. :cry:

Food not cooking should be ancient history by now.  Give this branch a try and let us know if you still experience that issue.

Today's update (278kb), what's that about?

Great work on the new release (23) as far as I can tell. And I can't tell you how happy I am to see a fix for

the infamous building bugs. And the game seems to be running pretty damn good at the moment. Have

only played for about 30 minutes so far, but things do look fine. Will give a full report if or when things

start to break again (but please, no hurry there). And EasyPickins, it's really comforting to see your

name in the mix. Keep up the good work. Things is starting to look promising again.

A round of beer to you guys.

Today's update (278kb), what's that about?

Great work on the new release (23) as far as I can tell. And I can't tell you how happy I am to see a fix for

the infamous building bugs. And the game seems to be running pretty damn good at the moment. Have

only played for about 30 minutes so far, but things do look fine. Will give a full report if or when things

start to break again (but please, no hurry there). And EasyPickins, it's really comforting to see your

name in the mix. Keep up the good work. Things is starting to look promising again.

A round of beer to you guys.

Yes, I agree with you The End. This is alpha, so of course we have to expect bugs, but I am majorly impressed with the developers for being so open and honest about the development of PZ, and with the community for their participation.

I haven't seen an game community like this for some time, and am excited and very happy to be a part of it.

Whenever I see a post by one of the devs listing a player-notified issue with the comment 'fixed' next to it, it makes my heart sing a little song (I know, I'm silly, and it's Sunday!)

Shots all round to go with The End's offer of beer! :)

PS: yes, what is today's 278kb update about please? I love reading change logs and finding all the new features that are being implemented (partly so I can help to improve the PZ Wiki and swap info with my fellow survivors).

4 core CPU 2.8 Ghrz

8GB DDR3 Memory

GeForce 450 GTS Gfx card

Are you actually playing in the IWBMS branch, the beta, or none in Steam Library -> [Right Click] Project Zomboid -> Properties -> [betas] tab? I know someone who thought this was fixed that'll be very sad. :cry:

I'm sorry to say - I am playing build 23 (aka IWBMS branch, correct?). I had to go through the properties and typing in the "secret" code.

Might want to reset your memory values then -- despite the common belief of a larger heap means less garbage collection, it can actually take a longer amount of time to process a larger heap, not that there aren't limits to that.

Hope it helps, Reinhart, as your system isn't too bad.

hey guys not exactly related to this build but ive been using the 2.1 and 2.3 (i think they're called just the iwillbackupmysave and the one normally downloaded if you opt out of the beta) and when i try to use split screen multiplayer it just bugs out, it looks like both the screens overlap each other id post a screen shot but im sure this has already been fixed just cant find any mention so far

nvm, i just grew a brain and searched around the support forums :/ hope split screen gets fixed soon cant wait to play it with my friends (also it would make it easier for me to convince them to buy the game themselves for when online multiplayer is released)

Not sure what you mean Enigma when you say that safe mode "is the fix". Considering it disables zooming, it's really just an unfortunate workaround. I really want the ability to zoom in. If it was the fix, why not commit what safe mode does to the basic build of the game?

Now that there is a food cooking progress bar, I'm starting to see why it seemed like food would never cook in previous builds. I play at 12 hours = 1 day, and because food has such an unrealistic cooking time (1 hour to cook a single meat patty), I would have had to wait 30 minutes in real time to cook it. At least, if cooking speed is tied to time scale as I suspect it is. So really this would be a problem with how slow food cooks just in general (I think, not sure). Now I know at least that to cook anything I need to use the time speed buttons.

Anyways, I don't mean to be all negative, I notice the game runs extremely smooth in this build and that's good.

Love the new build.

one big question. If you find yourself on fire, how do you put yourself out?

Can you pour water on yourself, stop drop and roll?

I accidentally burned my house down with me inside of it (Camp fire placed on top of dirt pile).

Since I backed up my save i was able to revert.

However, since all I did was walk by my camp fire and I caught fire, it gave me an idea.

Ran out to my nearest neighborhood horde, dropped a camp fire, kindled up a fire, then started shooting my pistol to aggro the entire group.

Here's a shot of my progress with single camp fire vs. a hundred zombies.

O7GDVt4.jpg