Steam Release - 16th Feb 2014 - Build 23

RobertJohnson

just finished my first play through and the first thing i noticed is that when you sleep your health bar INCREASES i got infected via scratch and was dying (my body status said zombified) and i was pushing for a few more hours using my food supply but then i ran out so i decided to sleep (die in relative peace) so i took some sleeping pills and bam fell asleep only to find my health bar full! then i just used the sleeping pills to extend my life for 2 days (i think) by the time i ran out supplies to heal i jumped out a window

Just to be clear, those who were in safemode previously are going to have to continue to use safemode -- if normal mode results in a black screen and UI showing up, there's nothing to be done to "fix" it for now. =/

How do you get into safe mode though? Previously either the Compatibility Mode/Normal Mode popped up - or launcher was there, now I see neither. Right clicking on a game would normally show "Launch in SAFE Mode" in the contextual menu, but I don't see that for PZ.

Right now, it's necessary to run the game through the bat files in %ProgramFIles(x86)%\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ProjectZomboid or add a -safemode flag to the launch options of the game, within Steam (Game Library => [right click] Project Zomboid -> Properties. There'll be a button with Set Launch Options -- add -safemode).

The launcher was temporarily removed due to it failing to work in some cases.

Awesome, thank you!

oh and how i got scratched, a zombie ambushed me from a tree and it got hold of me and for some reason i cant shove it down and when i tried to sprint away (WHILE IT WASN'T DOING ANYTHING) it attacked the air and i got scratched (cause you know logic). I think its a bug but it could be game design also i crash when i die (but then again my laptops not that great)

not so sure i like this build. impossible to push a zombie back, phantom bites from a zombie that was a good 7 or 8 feet away from me, have yet to make it across the street to get out of the house i spawn in since i keep getting dropped into a house with a horde around it.

i keep asking myself just what is it about getting killed that fast that is supposed to be fun.

on the plus side, very stable so far, running 1680X1050 at 60FPS, which is great

not so sure i like this build. impossible to push a zombie back, phantom bites from a zombie that was a good 7 or 8 feet away from me, have yet to make it across the street to get out of the house i spawn in since i keep getting dropped into a house with a horde around it.

i keep asking myself just what is it about getting killed that fast that is supposed to be fun.

on the plus side, very stable so far, running 1680X1050 at 60FPS, which is great

You haven't even made it across the street from your house yet? Bro, if you're having that hard of a time I suggest going into sandbox mode and lowering the zombie density. ;)

a post belittling me is not welcome at all. keep it to yourself.

if i spawn in Muldraugh it's just fine. but West Point is driving me nuts, as it always does. (i swear the zombie per square foot ratio is jacked up in West Point since it's a smaller place)

You haven't even made it across the street from your house yet? Bro, if you're having that hard of a time I suggest going into sandbox mode and lowering the zombie density. ;)

a post belittling me is not welcome at all. keep it to yourself.

if i spawn in Muldraugh it's just fine. but West Point is driving me nuts, as it always does. (i swear the zombie per square foot ratio is jacked up in West Point since it's a smaller place)

Ahem. This is where I point out that everyone should Be Lovely, Or Else.

just finished my first play through and the first thing i noticed is that when you sleep your health bar INCREASES i got infected via scratch and was dying (my body status said zombified) and i was pushing for a few more hours using my food supply but then i ran out so i decided to sleep (die in relative peace) so i took some sleeping pills and bam fell asleep only to find my health bar full! then i just used the sleeping pills to extend my life for 2 days (i think) by the time i ran out supplies to heal i jumped out a window

How many ways can you die in PZ? Let us count the ways...

zombification from bite or scratch

being torn apart by a horde

falling from a great height

poisoning due to rotten food

common cold

bleach

painkiller overdose

starvation

burning to death in a fire

I'm sure I missed one or two, anyone care to mention any others?

West point is a more dense high loot area, so it does have a higher density of zombies. Better off doing raids into town but having the safehouse on the outskirts

I like West Point. Muldraugh is an easy start. Now that I have played the game a lot and consider myself to be very competent it feels like Muldraugh is too easy. 

Might want to try locking it to 45 if you're having problems with zombies phantom-biting you.

I've never seen it happen in-game myself, but it sounds similar to Kevie's situation above.

looks like the "phantom attacks' only happen when they grab hold of you and in the middle of the animations of zombie biting, you try to sprint away, since the only two times it happened to me (one i was a at least 7 feet away from it and another where i was out side its wingspan by a few inches) it was because i shoved a zombie (forcing it to reset its animation) and tried to run thinking it was safe. so if the game states the zombie is still holding me even when it was clearly pushed back and has no hold of you, adding anims that clearly show where or not you can run would fix it (i think)

How many ways can you die in PZ? Let us count the ways...

zombification from bite or scratch

being torn apart by a horde

falling from a great height

poisoning due to rotten food

common cold

bleach

painkiller overdose

starvation

burning to death in a fire

I'm sure I missed one or two, anyone care to mention any others?

Maybe: Die of thirst, bleed to death

Edit: If cars added I hope for death by accident (alcohol on wheel)