Steam Release - 16th Feb 2014 - Build 23

RobertJohnson

Not sure if its just me, but my loot menu never closes. My invetory menu closes just fine and for now i just use "I" so i can see till i am ready to loot. Werid.. Anyone else have this happen?

You probably need to unpin the menu - the icon in the top right corner of the loot window should do this.

Has the spawning been changed at all? I'm in this area, and I keep clearing out surround zombies and they just keep spawning more as I walk back, and it's like multiples at a time, not just 1 or 2.

My outs are no longer guaranteed.  Kinda frustrating.

Eh, I always assumed they just wandered in from the tree line or the neighboring intersection due to line of sight, but yes -- finding a couple lone zombies in a place where you thought there should be done is a little frustrating.

There's an increased chance of stopping burning when you run (contrary to what fire-safety people may have told you IRL).

when the 3d stuff becomes available will we get a stop-drop-and-roll option?

I'd like to think so, but it probably won't be an immediate priority. =)

There's an increased chance of stopping burning when you run (contrary to what fire-safety people may have told you IRL).

when the 3d stuff becomes available will we get a stop-drop-and-roll option?
That please, and something else that's realistic; getting rid of the burning clothes. Stripping them to put it in another way. Pretty much any clothing material is more flammable than human skin, so getting rid of it greatly lowers the risk of being injured by fire. Does not apply if you're not already on fire. :P

I think getting lit should be dangerous both to your health and to your equipment. So let the fire ruin your clothes and at least some of the stuff you're carrying. The chance of being left slightly burnt, naked and your stuff as pile of ash on the ground would teach survivors some healthy respect for the fire. Think of a possibility to get unlucky while tossing those molotovs.

And if we ever get locational damage, it should be possible to have only your pants, or just the bottoms, burning, for example. Different flammability for different materials and so on. So much potential.

Also, I don't normally eat the books I'm reading, but that's another subject regarding realism.

"I had to stop to eat, drink, change my clothes, and read other books to cure boredom while I was getting it done, and was able to pick it back up at the correct spot each time. But you do have to see the irony there that it took so long that I had to stop reading one book to read another book to cure my character's boredom at having to stand around so long to read the first book."

Sounds like any approach of learning in my Academic Studies.

Awesome update by the way works like a charm!

An issue I wanted to point out is the text size in inventory windows - it's to big properly display all, or even most, of the text for some items. The numbers in brackets in the Type field are often cut off by the start of the Category field, and there's no option to resize the columns, which is a shame. Makes it difficult to know if you're picking up one packet of seeds, or thirty. The header bar text size is quite legible for me to read, so a smaller text size option would be good.

I'd like to suggest an option to be able to have other fields in the inventory/loot windows that can be added to the current two and also be able to sort by, e.g. weight, quantity of item held, condition/durability, uses left (ammo in gun, for example), or total weight in bags.

Lastly, I think there ought to be two entries for weight in the top right of the inventory window's header bar: the current/max weight of the open container shown and the weight of your current/max carrying capacity. That way you would know not only how full or empty the bag you have open is, but also how much more you can carry before you become overloaded. Would be handy for loot runs, I thought. Anyway, just my two cents' worth.

An issue I wanted to point out is the text size in inventory windows - it's to big properly display all, or even most, of the text for some items. The numbers in brackets in the Type field are often cut off by the start of the Category field, and there's no option to resize the columns, which is a shame. Makes it difficult to know if you're picking up one packet of seeds, or thirty. The header bar text size is quite legible for me to read, so a smaller text size option would be good.

Having number of carried items at the start of the line would be good as well I think - but from what they said the whole UI will be reimplemented at some point, Hopefully it will resolve all these problems.

Lastly, I think there ought to be two entries for weight in the top right of the inventory window's header bar: the current/max weight of the open container shown and the weight of your current/max carrying capacity. That way you would know not only how full or empty the bag you have open is, but also how much more you can carry before you become overloaded. Would be handy for loot runs, I thought. Anyway, just my two cents' worth.

I've opted in suggestion to have the characters weight visible at the inventory icon on the left, that way you could potentially get stuff from the ground by 'loot all' or 'get' buttons to get stuff off the ground, without even opening the inventory and see the change of weight at all times.

Anyway it might be good to gather all of these issues with current GUI and pin them in suggestion.

Hello everyone! The new craftable lamp not working because when i craft it, than i left my safehouse i cant use it anymore .. anyone has this problem? 

Did you turn them off before you left? I've been building them along my outer walls, and haven't had that problem yet. Is it possible that you let the batteries die?

Hello everyone! The new craftable lamp not working because when i craft it, than i left my safehouse i cant use it anymore .. anyone has this problem? 

Did you turn them off before you left? I've been building them along my outer walls, and haven't had that problem yet. Is it possible that you let the batteries die?

Yes, I turned them off (thinking it woudl save the battery) the same day they were built I had options to turn them off and on, replace batteries, all days since first construction they only give me the option to dismantle when right clicked.

I have a surplus of over 16 batteries, I've gone over to both light posts I've made (1 in door, 1 outside). Neither gives me any right click options whatsoever.

Both are on the second floor (indoor and outside, on top of a roof)

Yes, I turned them off (thinking it woudl save the battery) the same day they were built I had options to turn them off and on, replace batteries, all days since first construction they only give me the option to dismantle when right clicked.

I have a surplus of over 16 batteries, I've gone over to both light posts I've made (1 in door, 1 outside). Neither gives me any right click options whatsoever.

Both are on the second floor (indoor and outside, on top of a roof)

You're right. I'm having the same issue too now. They worked fine all day yesterday, and I just reloaded my save and none of my lights are working. They're not registering in the action menu at all.

I seem to be having an issue with character temperature in this build too. I've been getting hot seemingly at random. Right now I've got the uncomfortably hot moodle and I'm doing chores inside my fortress naked.

You're right. I'm having the same issue too now. They worked fine all day yesterday, and I just reloaded my save and none of my lights are working. They're not registering in the action menu at all.

I seem to be having an issue with character temperature in this build too. I've been getting hot seemingly at random. Right now I've got the uncomfortably hot moodle and I'm doing chores inside my fortress naked.

I haven't any temp issues yet, just the light issue, well that and getting burned alive by trying to use my campfire indoors on a sand plot which went horrifically wrong, albiet i loaded my save from backup and went on a campfire horde killing spree. Still no working lights though(well original ones, haven't tried making news ones yet).

Was thinking it'd be awesome to come home after slaying zeds, and turn the lights on and do some midnight farm maintenance int the wee hours. also curious how long the lights are supposed to last on a single battery and if batteries can be recharged somehow.

In theory the batteries in the constructed lights should last as long as they do when carrying a flashlight, and in my experience using those, it's a pretty long time. Although admittedly I've always used my flashlights pretty sporadically, as opposed to just leaving a static light on while I'm getting work done around the safe house.

Whatever was done to preexisting lights seems to be working great. I bet if the constructed lights could be set up the same way, meaning if you could just left click on them to flip a kind of switch, it'd solve this problem. Seems to me that it's an action menu problem as opposed to a constructed light problem, although my understanding of how these things work is extremely limited.