Steam Release - 16th Feb 2014 - Build 23

RobertJohnson

The survival game saved in C\Users\Zomboid\Survival (somehow i don't play sandbox much :P). I will make a new game in different modes to see if it happenes again.

Might also depend on what you're calling them -- there have been a few errors like that due to having spaces in  odd places, or special characters like \ or /.

Since I just noticed you're writing your directories with /, do you happen to be on Linux or Mac?

Oh that / was my mistake :P. I am playing on windows 64 bit. I have made some new games, and now the game correctly makes a savegame folder. Strange....... Maybe it was a hickup after updating to build 23. In survivalmode i made 3 new characters: 1 with timestamp, 1 with name Iwbs2, and a game with Iwbs 3. Maybe it was the use of a space that did that. Now it has an underscore where it should.

As a sidequestion: is the console.txt rewritten every time? Or is the info from previous start ups still stored somewhere.

I made a game in sandbox now to test it. Game didn't make a folder. Used the timestamp as a name.

Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/5q695Rk.jpg

After creating the second and third game, its correctly making the new save folders. Seems like it only happened on creating the first save in a gamemode.

Another thing that i noticed, is that after deleting a savegame withing PZ, the folder itself isn't completely removed. Only 1 file remains: map_ver.bin.

I made a game in sandbox now to test it. Game didn't make a folder. Used the timestamp as a name.

Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/5q695Rk.jpg

After creating the second and third game, its correctly making the new save folders. Seems like it only happened on creating the first save in a gamemode.

Another thing that i noticed, is that after deleting a savegame withing PZ, the folder itself isn't completely removed. Only 1 file remains: map_ver.bin.

Aye, it's one of the bugs we fought was fixed last night. :-D  It should only occur when there's no files in the save directory, but once there are, it'll correctly make folders. The weird part is it doesn't always happen -- testing it on my end correctly creates the folders every time (for now).

Chock it up to the directory kraken.

Will let them know.

Problemreport for build 23:

I get the blackscreen-problem again, the one, where the inventroy is visible but not the world.

Worked with the compatibility-mode, but the launchermenu is gone for me.

my spec are shown below.

Help me please :cry: .

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5449-garbled-screen/?p=73423

The launcher was temporarily removed, as it was causing a bit of trouble for a bunch of people. It'll be back, but until then, it must be manual. (Note, ProjectZomboid32.bat is missing the -safemode flag).

Okay, so I hit play, the main menu screen sometimes loads, sometimes half of it is black, sometimes it looks good.  If I go to menu or Survival I get a box with nothing it in, no options and I can't see my old saves nor can I pick a new game map as it is all blank, also the main screen flickers black ever few seconds. 

I just randomly clicked in the box and it loaded an old save, inventory screens are there, but game world is blank.  Oh well it was always like that, trying compatability mode I find there isn't one anymore.  I had to edit the .bin to add safemode for 32bit version.

Now it is running, it is running really well, before I was stuck on lowest lighting, now I can run it on high and it is smoother than ever.

Okay, so I hit play, the main menu screen sometimes loads, sometimes half of it is black, sometimes it looks good.  If I go to menu or Survival I get a box with nothing it in, no options and I can't see my old saves nor can I pick a new game map as it is all blank, also the main screen flickers black ever few seconds. 

I just randomly clicked in the box and it loaded an old save, inventory screens are there, but game world is blank.  Oh well it was always like that, trying compatability mode I find there isn't one anymore.  I had to edit the .bin to add safemode for 32bit version.

Now it is running, it is running really well, before I was stuck on lowest lighting, now I can run it on high and it is smoother than ever.

For compatibility mode:

http://theindiestone...screen/?p=73423

The launcher was temporarily removed, as it was causing a bit of trouble for a bunch of people. It'll be back, but until then, it must be manual. (Note, ProjectZomboid32.bat is missing the -safemode flag).

For the misbehaving menu, please (backup) and delete the contents of %username%\zomboid (C:\users\EG\zomboid).

It doesn't even start running on my Macbook. A message appears saying that it failed to launch, this is what I get in console:

2014.02.06. 21:00:52,982 steam[29632]: spawn_via_launchd() failed, errno=22 label=com.projectzomboid.10768 path=/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/Project Zomboid.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub flags=0

Dida what version of OS X are you using? PZ is going to be requiring at least OS X 10.7 now as it's been brought up to Java 7 compliance. It's unfortunate, but a step we needed to take. Not sure if that's your problem or not.

Latest.

The game experience didn't get much worse tbh xD (sarcasm)

In your info.plist file, you should see a list looking like this:

<string>-Djava.library.path=/$APP_ROOT/Contents/Java</string>			<string>-noverify</string>			<string>-XX:+UseNUMA</string>			<string>-XX:+AggressiveOpts</string>			<string>-XX:+TieredCompilation</string>			<string>-XX:Tier2CompileThreshold=70000</string>			<string>-XX:CompileThreshold=1500</string>			<string>-Xms768m</string>			<string>-Xmx1024m</string>			<string>-XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy</string>			<string>-XX:GCTimeRatio=50</string>			<string>-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=20</string>

Skip the first two lines, then remove all the rest and see if it works. Should look like this afterwords:

<string>-Djava.library.path=/$APP_ROOT/Contents/Java</string><string>-noverify</string>			

Just to be clear- you mean the latest as in 10.9 Mavericks, right?

Yes, but I also have all kinds of Java crap installed, like... java 1.6, 7, 8 beta, etc. We were trying to solve the Java 7 problem for weeks in the past (if you remember), attempting to force PZ use that instead of 1.6, but it always ended up using Java 6 and when I removed Java 6, it didn't launch with 7.

Doesn't work with the above changes.

Yes, but I also have all kinds of Java crap installed, like... java 1.6, 7, 8 beta, etc. We were trying to solve the Java 7 problem for weeks in the past (if you remember), attempting to force PZ use that instead of 1.6, but it always ended up using Java 6 and when I removed Java 6, it didn't launch with 7.

Have you changed hardware since then? From what I can remember, the crux of your problem was that you didn't couldn't upgrade from 10.6, and thus had no way of installing a newer officially supported Java package.

Have you changed hardware since then? From what I can remember, the crux of your problem was that you didn't couldn't upgrade from 10.6, and thus had no way of installing a newer officially supported Java package.

My machine never had 10.6 installed (when I bought it, it had Lion).