Steam Release - 16th Feb 2014 - Build 23

RobertJohnson

I just grabbed the new update and my gameplay screen is all garbled up but can see the UI just fine.  Also looked for compatibility mode and couldn't find it since that has fixed that problem before.  Am I missing something?  Gonna try deleting my game files and re-downloading in the meantime.

Woot!! I care not of the consequences.... give me Build 23!!!!!!!

EDIT:- the consequences are that it ain't running..... guess i'll just go back to waiting. :(

Need much more information, unless waiting is your thing. =)

Wow, the framerate is MUCH improved. Haven't had a single hiccup so far. Fantastic update, though I was hoping for 3D models. XD

Anyone know if horde migration has been reimplemented?

Not sure, honestly -- you should see more in the way of them ganging up to go after you, though.

is this already on steam version?

In the IWILLBACKUPMYSAVE branch, yes. Instructions are here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbms-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/

Woot!! I care not of the consequences.... give me Build 23!!!!!!!

EDIT:- the consequences are that it ain't running..... guess i'll just go back to waiting. :(

Need much more information, unless waiting is your thing. =)

It updates via Steam but when i hit "play game" nothing happens. When i try to exit Steam however it tells me the Project Zomboid App needs to shut down first.... problem with this is that i can't see any Project zomboid app to shut down down so i have to force quit steam.... that's all the info i have i'm afraid..... :/

It updates via Steam but when i hit "play game" nothing happens. When i try to exit Steam however it tells me the Project Zomboid App needs to shut down first.... problem with this is that i can't see any Project zomboid app to shut down down so i have to force quit steam.... that's all the info i have i'm afraid..... :/

Can you go to %username%\zomboid and delete the contents of the folder (backing it up in case you have any valuable saves)?

If this fails, after trying the game again, you should see a file called console.txt %username%\zomboid. Post its contents here, in between spoil tags:

[spoil][/spoil]

Can you go to %username%\zomboid and delete the contents of the folder (backing it up in case you have any valuable saves)?

If this fails, after trying the game again, you should see a file called console.txt %username%\zomboid. Post its contents here, in between spoil tags:

[spoil][/spoil]

Will attempt this now, although i never did manage to fix whatever was wrong with backing up my saves.... 

Tried again, but don't see the console.txt file.... indeed the "Zomboid" folder is completely empty still...... :/ 

Great FPS! I'm rolling steady 30fps on all zoom levels. Only on the farthest zoom when loading chunks I get a drop to 15-20 and then it bounces back up to 28-30. Otherwise steady 30. And this is on high lighting. Before I was on low lighting and 15-25fps.

Also click registering is working on all zoom levels perfectly, except for the closest which I have to have the mouse slightly to the left of the object. Also item clicking is working very well, I don't have to double click anymore when I shift click stuff in a row.

Umm, what else... I'm thinking the zombies are reacting to different stimuli better/more naturally or maybe it's just the improved fps. :P

Here's my specs for reference:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
RAM:4G
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 640

So far's everythings been great! Excellent job guys! (clyde)

On the bright side, my save game was successfully backed up this time.... so nothing lost nothing gained. 

=/ I'm sorry to hear that, Hyansith.

When you launch from the bat, could you take a screenshot of the result and upload it to imgur?

Wait, wait, wait.

You're a Mac. :cry: We'll have to wait for Drake to walk you through the Mac-centric process of getting console feedback.

Just my first impression on this update.
It really does improve the framerate for me. Now it is very much playable with fps locked to 45, my native resolution of 1680x1050 and lighting on high.
Very nice! :-D
I did not play it much so far, so I can't say anything regarding bugfixes or features.

Specs:

ArchLinux x86_64
AMD Phenom II x4 940 (3GHz)
AMD Radeon HD 6870, latest Catalyst
4GB DDR2 800
jre7-openjdk (7.u51_2.4.5-1)

I will put my bug reports here then. thanks enigma :).

Bug:PZ didn't make a folder for my new game. All of the game files were put in the Zomboid/Survival folder.

Example:

/Zomboid/Survival/Iwbs1 (not the best name, but then i can see what version it is :P).

In build 17 this map would be made by the game itself. With build 23, i needed to make the folder manually and drag the files into it.

So, Matherodin, when you make a new world just with the timestamp as a name, and then a new character, does the game save in C:\Users\EG\Zomboid\Survival\06-02-2014_12-51-40 or C:\Users\EG\Zomboid\Sandbox\

Steam doesn't seem to find any update for Mac OS X, this makes baby cheesus cry :(

Have you tried restarting Steam and verifying the local game files?