Steam Release - 16th Feb 2014 - Build 23

RobertJohnson

So i just Watched Twiggys stream and all i can say is WOW I never thought it would be this good after a long break. you guys have really outdone yourselves. I cant wait to get my hands on this. He played for 6 hours and had 1 bug(a very minor one).

just got one question about  fixing some bugs,

is that just me or who else has problems to build something? I mean to build something like a real house, every time i build some stairs and some walls around it and try to build a roof for this to walk on it and look around for zomebies, something like a little tower in front of my house, the roof just disappears! this makes it unpossible to build real constructions. to build a roof works only 2 building areas far around a house but if i try to build a fence on that roof it disappears too!

is that beeing fixed in the next update?

It appears that it is fixed twiggy built a 2nd floor and it worked.

So i just Watched Twiggys stream and all i can say is WOW I never thought it would be this good after a long break. you guys have really outdone yourselves. I cant wait to get my hands on this. He played for 6 hours and had 1 bug(a very minor one).

is that just me or who else has problems to build something? I mean to build something like a real house, every time i build some stairs and some walls around it and try to build a roof for this to walk on it and look around for zomebies, something like a little tower in front of my house, the roof just disappears! this makes it unpossible to build real constructions. to build a roof works only 2 building areas far around a house but if i try to build a fence on that roof it disappears too!

for me it does not work to build a second floor, and things i build on this second floor disappears too

for me it does not work to build a second floor, and things i build on this second floor disappears too

I should have mentioned that Twiggy was streaming build 22 not the current build.

Yep, twiggy was playing the build currently in internal testing, essentially with fixes listed. Very few problems so likely to be released soon (although i can only guess)

Soon better mean tomorrow! :P Nah, they can take their time.

Have you guys included a fix in this update for this problem:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3609-when-building-flooring-disappears/

Changelog mentions this (is this the fix for the flooring?):

- Squares along chunk boundaries were all marked as blocked in the NE or SW directions.  Tracked this down after I saw some weird lighting on the ground near a streetlight.  Probably affected pathfinding too.

(clyde) Can't FREAKING wait! Damn shotgun always giving me trouble lol! (Oh wait I'm in the middle of shooting and now the damn thing won't reload). :mad: RAGE!!!!!!

You can fix this by not interrupting a reload... If you let the shotgun fully reload and then start shooting again it will not become broken

One question as I don't see it on the list, and it's been bothering me a lot:

Berry bushes and the likes: Will they all still rot on the bush and never be replaceable?

In the current build (build 21) they're all rotten on the bush even before the power usually goes out. Kind of pointless to even have berry bushes atm due to it. =/

Berry bushes and the likes: Will they all still rot on the bush and never be replaceable?

In the current build (build 21) they're all rotten on the bush even before the power usually goes out. Kind of pointless to even have berry bushes atm due to it. =/

Changing the behavior of berry bushes would require a rewrite of the item spawner or at least some custom system just for the bushes. It will be done eventually but atm there are far more pressing matters ;)

Would it be considered strange that, out of all these new features and bug fixes, it's the disappearing crops bug being nixed I'm most excited for? Not the future addition of MP, not controller optimization, not NPCs (though that's still a close second), it's the ability to have a garden at both the primary and secondary locations and not be worried about all my crops going to pot because of a glitch in the code. I'd rather that accidentally leaving the door open and letting in Zs that could step on my carrots or, lord forbid, a horde breaking down my walls and trampling the lot were bigger worries than a command in the program containing a typo or, even worse, just having one to many spaces after the line of code.

Good work on the game so far, Indie Stone. Money well spent, might even get me to start making YouTube Videos again and try to out build MathasGames.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3609-when-building-flooring-disappears/

- Squares along chunk boundaries were all marked as blocked in the NE or SW directions.  Tracked this down after I saw some weird lighting on the ground near a streetlight.  Probably affected pathfinding too.

Anyone care to answer? Simple yes or no will do.

I have put the game on hold until this is sorted (going over 2 months now I think). So I'm hoping a fix is

included here, but I can't tell if it is?   

So, Split screens working now? Still super confused on that one, also, is the steam version being updated still? Sorry. Thanks. :D

Not yet - still a work in progress.

Yes, the steam version'll be updated, as soon as this build is released.

Anyone care to answer? Simple yes or no will do.

I have put the game on hold until this is sorted (going over 2 months now I think). So I'm hoping a fix is

included here, but I can't tell if it is?   

All second floor building bugs are supposedly fixed in this upcoming build.

All second floor building bugs are supposedly fixed in this upcoming build.

Thanks. That sounds great. But how do you know for sure?

Page 2 of this thread. :)

*snip*

• Crafting stairs bugs fixed. There was a field not being saved that caused crafted stairs to become blocked when trying to use them. There was also a bigger issue that put new grid squares into the wrong location, so when you went up the stairs there was no floor tile at the top and you ended up floating on z=1. The fix for that might break other stuff though. :shock:
*snip*

Does this mean second floor building is solved? I can't seem to find the thread that had *someone* saying it was fixed on the current dev build. I'm just lookin for confirmation i guess.

It seems fixed. I can build a 3-story tower with stairs and floors on each level.

Changing the behavior of berry bushes would require a rewrite of the item spawner or at least some custom system just for the bushes. It will be done eventually but atm there are far more pressing matters ;)

I thought Rob addressed this already? I know I brought it up to him after the last beta release and he said he was on it. Since then I personally haven't had them rotting on the bushes on me, so I just assumed that he did it already.