"Rust is an online post-apocalyptic survival game where the players must carve their territory out of a harsh environment of wildlife, zombies, and dicks. Behold this magical world where the strongest strippers rise to the top and the lumpy penis models permeate everything. This is the the Survival of the Nudist."

oh how i love Criken

I just picked up the game and has spent a couple hours on that. One thing that it's different from DayZ is that it has no-pvp server. Second the game is somewhat meant to be pvp so people kinda accept getting robbed. But the game is unbalanced like DayZ that the armed players can survive with no problem that he will just kill other players for fun because there's nothing else to do.

I have no interest in Rust as of right now, I'm pulling back on the amount of Early Access games cause I'm really getting burned out on them.

How so?

I'm starting to feel like devs are starting to take advantage of this early access stuff :L

I have no interest in Rust as of right now, I'm pulling back on the amount of Early Access games cause I'm really getting burned out on them.

How so?

I'm starting to feel like devs are starting to take advantage of this early access stuff :L

I had written out this long winded thing about developers seemingly abusing Early Access and such and the flood of titles we have gotten, but I figured that would cause a bit of a spat so I just decided to type nothing.

Edit: Most likely because it would lead to me having to justify every little thing and I don't really have the energy for that. I like Early Access but the amount of titles that come to it, is really burning me out.

The only time I am buying an Early Access game (or anything else that is not finished yet) is when I like the idea and (it looks like I could) already have fun with the game itself.

I'm holding back on DayZ for now because friends never played it and solo'ing isn't fun to me, considering the heavy PVP aspect.

Rust doesn't look like I'd have fun with it right now, judging from videos and streams.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spent over 40 long hours with Rust. All i can say is, it breeds maliciousness. Kids love to go on and hack to completely dominate public servers. No matter how well you think you've built your base. With dozens of doors and mazes so it would take a mountain of C4 to destroy, but all it takes is for you to log off and 1 hacker to munch his way in. You come back on to find your base just a frame with nothing in it. And now I hear rumors that they want to take out zombies, because they intentionally didn't want to be a zombie survival. So..... my only guess now is Rust will become a cesspool of hackers and bullies that just wait for new players to come on to harass