my character is always bored

Alessandro

Is just the act of being inside that causes the boredom?

Perhaps a small boost to "entertainment" from certain tasks.

If I'm building something inside, irl, I don't get bored at all.

I get annoyed as shit, and cuss a lot dealing with the natural frustration, especially if it is something I'm doing for the first time. But not quite bored.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 10:00 AM, ronfino said:

A good old HottieZ will work.

Is it a build 41 thing, or do I have terrible luck to have only seen one copy of HottieZ in 80 hours?  I think the concept is hilarious so if I do find another one I'm going to horde it (too bad we can't find safes in the game to store ultra-valuables) with the hopes that another player will raid my setup and find it well hidden!

On 12/20/2021 at 10:24 PM, OprahWinfrey said:

Build your own house using carpentry and you can be indoors without ever getting bored. Just make sure it is counted as indoors by sealing all the open area and adding wooden pillars where necessary

From what i've seen staying indoors consistently increases boredom. You have to go outside. Player built structures do not count?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 12:41 PM, Toshis said:

From what i've seen staying indoors consistently increases boredom. You have to go outside. Player built structures do not count?

Correct, player built structures do not add boredom - at least for now. I would be surprised the lack of boredom gain inside player structures is intentional.

11 minutes ago, OprahWinfrey said:

Correct, player built structures do not add boredom - at least for now.

Maybe boredom is tied to pre-built rooms, which stay even after walls are demolished.

Anyway, my character rarely ever gets bored because Fast Forward x1 induces claustrophobic panic, even after reaching max passive reduction. There are many quirks with game speed, for example well-fed buff lasts longer on normal speed.

I never much cared for how boredom works in the game. I think things would be a bit different if what you were doing was actively contributing to your survival.

I think boredom in the beginning would be extremely rare, and not much of a concern until you were safe and secure. From our real life perspective sorting through your salvaged goods sounds boring, but to a person in this world it would probably be a welcome and enjoyable escape from the horrors of dealing with zombies and seeing and smelling death everywhere. Some peace and quiet, and happy that you found more stuff to help you survive.

Now depression and sadness early on when this got quiet, that would probably be a problem for most people seeing as the world just ended and will never be the same again.

Archived