[MP][Server] Server does not start more than 4.25GB of RAM

Tverd_

Question

10 answers to this question

Did everything as they said. I am attaching a log folder.
Found a solution to my problem. I had the paging file turned off, after turning it on and allocating space on the SSD disk, the game allowed me to start the server with 8GB of RAM. But it's weird all the same

logs.zip

We will have to remember that paging file is necessary for increasing the server RAM

I have not tested the server version of the game or done any debugging but I have seen this issue before (system has enough ram but still throws out of memory error with page file disabled).

My guess on this is due to needing contiguous memory allocation that is exceeding the current amount of free contiguous memory.  

What this means is - the program is asking for 4GB of ram and you have more than 4GB of RAM available but the 4GB of free RAM is in fragmented blocks (noncontiguous).

When this happens, your system will need to push out processes in memory to the page file so that it can defragment the memory blocks and create a 4GB contiguous area of memory.  If you do not have a page file and this happens, the system will report it is out of memory when you have more than enough RAM.

Archived